Premed 101 Forums

Qe2 Preparation For Cmgs

How do most CMGs in Canadian residencies go about preparing for the MCCQE2?  By way of background, I scored ~580 on the QE1 and am currently in the first year of a FM program.  I've done some forum searching and google, however everything I can find seems to be either out of date, or focussed on the IMG experience.  I looked at CanadaQbank, and the sample cases seem a little shotgun in the suggested approaches (given the inherent time limitations of a ten minute station).

As an aside, I see that PGY1s can now attempt the QE2 at the end of their first year. Would anyone see this as a risky move compared to the traditional timing of fall of PGY2, assuming adequate time for preparation was allotted?  

Thanks for any insights!

BR

How do most CMGs in Canadian residencies go about preparing for the MCCQE2?  By way of background, I scored ~580 on the QE1 and am currently in the first year of a FM program.  I've done some forum searching and google, however everything I can find seems to be either out of date, or focussed on the IMG experience.  I looked at CanadaQbank, and the sample cases seem a little shotgun in the suggested approaches (given the inherent time limitations of a ten minute station).

As an aside, I see that PGY1s can now attempt the QE2 at the end of their first year. Would anyone see this as a risky move compared to the traditional timing of fall of PGY2, assuming adequate time for preparation was allotted?  

Thanks for any insights!

BR

Hi,

I am an IMG, I've never heard anybody to talk about CQB for QE2 preparation, I think it could be a waste of time. I've got a handout for QE2 exam preparation, and I feel it's useful. I do not have its digital format, however I can share with you some pictures taken from that and you could probably look for its digital format.

Cheers

Archived