Premed 101 Forums

Casper Practice Questions + Feedback

Where is this from? 

I think how I would answer this on casper is as follows:

I think one could implement a procedure where an individual must provide a doctor's note to be excused from an exam.  However, this may be an inaccessible policy for some students who have undiagnosed conditions such as, mental health concerns.  Additionally, the onset of sickness can be quite fast thus there needs to be adequate time for a student to provide this note.  In addition, I think there could be multiple dates that different versions of the exam is written to give students options and prevent them from faking illness for one particular exam date.  

Also I was unsure of the context.. Are you the professor ...??or a student? 

Feedback is welcome for my response :) 

I would probably say that I would offer multiple testing dates for the class. These dates would be available at the start of the term for every student to see. Students could choose to write any day that they would like, and the exams would be different for each date. After all exam dates had passed, I would analyze and/or modify the grades to ensure even distribution of marks from each test. This would allow students who weren't prepared for the first test day to have an opportunity to write at another time without having to fake illness. Yet, it would also ensure that students who wrote early would not be disadvantaged, as the grades would be adjusted accordingly for each test date.

Really I don't think its the actual answer that matters for casper, but more how you articulate yourself and if you can follow through with your inital stance. This is the strategy I took last year and I received an interview.

• 6 months later...

I would probably say that I would offer multiple testing dates for the class. These dates would be available at the start of the term for every student to see. Students could choose to write any day that they would like, and the exams would be different for each date. After all exam dates had passed, I would analyze and/or modify the grades to ensure even distribution of marks from each test. This would allow students who weren't prepared for the first test day to have an opportunity to write at another time without having to fake illness. Yet, it would also ensure that students who wrote early would not be disadvantaged, as the grades would be adjusted accordingly for each test date.

Really I don't think its the actual answer that matters for casper, but more how you articulate yourself and if you can follow through with your inital stance. This is the strategy I took last year and I received an interview.

Yeh I think with the CASPer, a bit like the MMI, it is not so much that there is a "right" answer but you displaying the appropriate levels of care and attention based within a strong ethical perspective. This is where being able to identify the question type and developing good, logical structures to your answers makes such a difference.  

Archived