Premed 101 Forums

Trauma Rotation At Montreal General Hospital [Mcgill Elective]

Hi guys, trying to find someone who heard about this rotation or done it.

I asked in McGill 2018 promo group but no one has answered me, I guess nobody has done it yet.........

I wanted to know what to expect and what's the setting of the rotation, like always at ER or it's more evaluation of hospitalized and stabilized patients.

Thanks for any info.

I didnt do a trauma elective but those of us at that did our surgery block at MGH, got to do one week of trauma. Basically you get to go to trauma activations (sometimes they are run by ER staff, sometimes trauma, it depends), trauma has its in-patients that you round on as with any other service, and you get to go the OR.

I suggest being comfortable doing primary/secondary/tertiary surveys, as a student you'll be doing the last two the most.

Hi guys, trying to find someone who heard about this rotation or done it.

I asked in McGill 2018 promo group but no one has answered me, I guess nobody has done it yet.........

I wanted to know what to expect and what's the setting of the rotation, like always at ER or it's more evaluation of hospitalized and stabilized patients.

Thanks for any info.

I haven't done it so I wouldn't know, but from what I heard, it's pretty much what Clover said.

And now I know who you are :D

Archived