Premed 101 Forums

Gpa For Bed

This morning I got an email from OMSAS re my application and when I looked at it, my grades for my 1 year Bachelor of Education were removed which lowered my GPA. I know traditionally that the consecutive BEd was not included in the GPA average. At the info session this summer though, the admissions person said that it would now be included. Did anyone else have an adjustment of their GPA based on BEd? Does anyone remember the admissions person saying this?

Thanks.

I do remember them talking about the BEd at the info session, but I don't remember specifically what they said.  I had an issue with my transcript info as well, so I called OMSAS today and was able to get it sorted out.  They did tell me that each school looks at your actual transcript, so perhaps NOSM would do that for your BEd marks? Either way, I'd call to OMSAS to verify.

Good luck!

When I emailed NOSM about it a while ago, this is the answer I got:

"Your Bachelor of Education would be included in the calculation of your GPA.

The GPA is calculated on all converted undergraduate course grades completed at a recognized institution as of October 1, 2016.

Grades for supplementary, spring, summer, and part time study and distance education courses will be included in the GPA calculation."

Please keep me updated on the matter... I sure hope they count the BEd, I didn't apply this cycle, but intend to next cycle and my BEd makes a big difference on my GPA.

Out of panic, I emailed NOSM about it and this was there answer:

"Yes, NOSM will include your Education Degree in its GPA calculation.  It does not appear on your OMSAS application, however, we (NOSM) manually add the converted courses and calculate your GPA."

So they add the BEd in manually themselves, separate from OMSAS. 

Sigh of relief.

Archived