Premed 101 Forums

Transfer Credits From Another Institution - Deggpa

Morinphen

Hey everyone, quick question for those of you that applied this cycle. Let's say I completed 10 courses at one institution and had them transferred over to another school where I used those transfer credits to earn a degree. Are those courses included in the degree GPA?

Workbook guide says to report all transfer credits and grades, but doesn't say if they're included in dGPA? Thank you  :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

As for as I know when you change institution only your Credits of those courses will be transferred and these credits will count towards your degree requirement but GPA of those credits is not counts toward your degree GPA.What ever rest of the courses you will study at institution B your degree GPA will be based on those GPA,

• 11 months later...
On 18/11/2016 at 0:05 AM, Morinphen said:

Hey everyone, quick question for those of you that applied this cycle. Let's say I completed 10 courses at one institution and had them transferred over to another school where I used those transfer credits to earn a degree. Are those courses included in the degree GPA?

Workbook guide says to report all transfer credits and grades, but doesn't say if they're included in dGPA? Thank you  :)

Hi there, I know this thread is very old! But in case you're still looking for an answer, yes! I have been having the same issue. Any transferred course whose credit counts towards your latest degree will contribute to your GPA for admission to McGill medicine. So you might want to consider repeating some of them in your new university if their grades are not good. Not sure if McGill will replace the grades from repeated courses instead of their "transferred" equivalents though.

On 2018-03-06 at 11:01 PM, Mahtab M. said:

Hi there, I know this thread is very old! But in case you're still looking for an answer, yes! I have been having the same issue. Any transferred course whose credit counts towards your latest degree will contribute to your GPA for admission to McGill medicine. So you might want to consider repeating some of them in your new university if their grades are not good. Not sure if McGill will replace the grades from repeated courses instead of their "transferred" equivalents though.

Do you know if this applies to second degree students? I finished one degree and then started another undergrad at a different institution. I received many transfer credits when I enrolled in the second degree. 

33 minutes ago, HoopDreams said:

I highly doubt it applies to second degree applicants because we all get at least 30 transfer credits of electives so if we had to report the grades, it would be almost impossible to 'escape' your first degree.

Thanks so much! What a relief! :)

2 hours ago, HoopDreams said:

I highly doubt it applies to second degree applicants because we all get at least 30 transfer credits of electives so if we had to report the grades, it would be almost impossible to 'escape' your first degree.

I agree with this. I don't think it applies to second degrees, but you should call McGill and make sure.

Archived