Premed 101 Forums

Ottawa Personal Letter Limit

Hey everyone,

Currently applying to radiology through carms and I had a question regarding the stated limit for Ottawa.  On the program description, the personal letter is supposed to be limited to one page.  On a regular paper with normal margins and font, this comes to about 500 words per page.  However, after uploading to the carms portal, on the preview section it completely reformats the text such that one page can actually fit about 1000 words.

I was wondering if anyone here had any clear idea on what Ottawa has set as their limit, and whether they mean one page on a standard format, or one page on the carms format (changes word limit by a lot).  

Thanks for the help!

I would contact the program's secretary directly, if no one answers you on this forum.

I think that for personal statement, it is safer to go around 500-700 words.. If they ask for one page, I will not go beyond 700 words.

Hey everyone,

Currently applying to radiology through carms and I had a question regarding the stated limit for Ottawa.  On the program description, the personal letter is supposed to be limited to one page.  On a regular paper with normal margins and font, this comes to about 500 words per page.  However, after uploading to the carms portal, on the preview section it completely reformats the text such that one page can actually fit about 1000 words.

I was wondering if anyone here had any clear idea on what Ottawa has set as their limit, and whether they mean one page on a standard format, or one page on the carms format (changes word limit by a lot).  

Thanks for the help!

Archived