Premed 101 Forums

Hypothetically: Two Interviews In One Day

You already got two inteview invites in the same day???

Would you mind kindly share it on CaRMS interview thread? thanks

Hey everyone,

Can someone comment on the feasibility of this?

Is it it unwise to do it? Or can you get away with doing an interview in the AM and then the PM in two different specialties

This let me avoid travelling back to the same province but I don't want to go crazy.

Thanks!

You already got two inteview invites in the same day???

Would you mind kindly share it on CaRMS interview thread? thanks

Haha, no I have not.

I'm simply trying to figure out how to arrange potential interview dates as there is tons of overlap between the programs I applied to.

Sorry for the confusion  :P

Would you schedule two interviews in one day?

I would schedule them, if it is geographically and time feasible.

I would encourage you to go to all the interviews if possible, don't take CaRMS lightly :)

You could always decide not to rank the programs in February

Haha, no I have not.

I'm simply trying to figure out how to arrange potential interview dates as there is tons of overlap between the programs I applied to.

Sorry for the confusion  :P

Would you schedule two interviews in one day?

When I was doing the interview circuit, I had a couple of days where I had two interviews in two different specialties on one day. Once, one of my interviews was in person and another was via Skype. Another time, both of my interviews were in person but were in the same city. I ended up matching to one of the programs that I interviewed in on the same day as another program. It's exhausting, and I missed part of the second interview day (the tour/chat that happens aside from the actual interview), but it's certainly possible to make this work.

There were a couple other instances where I contacted programs to reschedule interviews to different days, either before the general interview period or in a different location/date because I had unresolvable conflicts. Twice, the programs were receptive and helpful. One of the times, they weren't, and I chose to cancel one of the conflicting interviews.

I think ideally you'd like to interview in only one program per day, but if you can make it happen, it's best to do every possible interview.

Best of luck!

It's definitely possible. I had two days last Carms cycle where I did three interviews in a day and two other days with two. The most stressful part was on one of the triple interview days where my third interview was in a different province. 

By no means do I recommend doing what I did but it is possible. 

Did you contact the interview coordinators to let them know that you could only be there for the actual interview? 

Were the coordinators flexible enough to tell you the exact time of your interviews?

Thanks for your help :)

It's definitely possible. I had two days last Carms cycle where I did three interviews in a day and two other days with two. The most stressful part was on one of the triple interview days where my third interview was in a different province. 

By no means do I recommend doing what I did but it is possible. 

• 2 weeks later...

Did you contact the interview coordinators to let them know that you could only be there for the actual interview? 

Were the coordinators flexible enough to tell you the exact time of your interviews?

Thanks for your help :)

Yup. As soon as I got the invite, I emailed back asking for a specific time. It depends on the program but if you were responsive they were able to help.

Archived