Premed 101 Forums

Official University Of Alberta 2017 Pharmacy Applicants - Class Of 2021

starlight17

Hi ! I am in the same boat as you, I did my interview early too, on April 28. But I called the office early this week and they said that offers go out all the way from this week to July (and she mentioned September as well). I am not quite sure how they do it and how some are offered early, but we can certainly keep our hopes up till later this month and July :) best of luck !

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Pharm1812 said:

Hi, 

Does anyone know how the cGPA is calculated? Is it calculated based on the last *30?  

When I emailed and asked I was told the cGPA is calculated based on your last two years of full time study, the 30* year is calculated separately 

1 hour ago, BrookeDavis said:

Hey guys! 

What do we need to submit for the Spoken English Requirement ?

I think you only need this requirement if it mentions it on beartracks under thins to do. 

http://calendar.ualberta.ca/content.php?catoid=6&navoid=819#spoken_english_requirement

I think you can find it here. When I asked Rae, one of my options was to do the  SPEAK test but I think its okay if you have had continuous schooling here in Canada. 

Hey everyone!

Just got an acceptance email, finished my interview May 26, and my pre-req gpa was around 3.5 and cGPA around 3.6 and I just finished my second year of BioSci, so don't count yourself out if you don't have a super high GPA admission decisions will be going out throughout the rest of this month and well into July as well (according to Rae). 

Congratulations to everyone accepted so far and good luck everyone! :)

18 hours ago, pharm1996 said:

Hey everyone!

Just got an acceptance email, finished my interview May 26, and my pre-req gpa was around 3.5 and cGPA around 3.6 and I just finished my second year of BioSci, so don't count yourself out if you don't have a super high GPA admission decisions will be going out throughout the rest of this month and well into July as well (according to Rae). 

Congratulations to everyone accepted so far and good luck everyone! :)

Hey Pharm1996 can u see the number of spots left after ur acceptance?...because reading from past forums appeared those admitted could see the number of spots left and also stand with a pGPA of 3.73 and cGPA of 3.56 do I stand a chance this year and believe my loi n interview were good I think 

7 hours ago, Boboeat said:

Hey Pharm1996 can u see the number of spots left after ur acceptance?...because reading from past forums appeared those admitted could see the number of spots left and also stand with a pGPA of 3.73 and cGPA of 3.56 do I stand a chance this year and believe my loi n interview were good I think 

Hey boboeat, after pharm1996 was accepted, there were 16 admitees (June 12 6:00pm ish). Now, 16 hours later, there are 26 admitees. You can keep track yourself by looking at the number of spots open in Pharm301 on beartracks

15 minutes ago, fbgroup2021 said:

Hey boboeat, after pharm1996 was accepted, there were 16 admitees (June 12 6:00pm ish). Now, 16 hours later, there are 26 admitees. You can keep track yourself by looking at the number of spots open in Pharm301 on beartracks

Hey fbgroup2021 I can't see the link on beartrack to follow the spots for pharm301

22 minutes ago, Boboeat said:

Hey fbgroup2021 I can't see the link on beartrack to follow the spots for pharm301

Home page on bear tracks -> browse course catalog (on the left) -> term = fall term 2017/ winter term 2018 -> course subject = pharmacy ->  course number = begins with 301 -> search -> look at the open seats column.

I hope that helps. Or else I'll post the number of open seats every few days if you like.

16 minutes ago, fbgroup2021 said:

Home page on bear tracks -> browse course catalog (on the left) -> term = fall term 2017/ winter term 2018 -> course subject = pharmacy ->  course number = begins with 301 -> search -> look at the open seats column.

I hope that helps. Or else I'll post the number of open seats every few days if you like.

Thanks for the help fbgroup2021 but i tried getting in and the system said I don't have access to the site I am trying to get into .... so it will be helpful if u can post update about the available spots to keep us inform... thanks 

17 hours ago, Boboeat said:

I definitely think you stand a chance! I didn't think I did with my pGPA and cGPA but here I am! also they didn't tell me how many people have been accepted so far but looking at the course enrolment like fbgroup2021 mentioned should give u a good idea. However, it's not 100% accurate since people (like me) who haven't paid their tuition deposit yet are not enrolled in that class yet, so there are probably more people that have been accepted into pharmacy than those that are enrolled in pharm301

18 hours ago, Boboeat said:

Hi, can you please let me know how it goes for you because I am applying next year and my stats right now are similar to yours. Good Luck!!!!!!!

On 2017-06-13 at 9:52 PM, Pharm1812 said:

Hi, can you please let me know how it goes for you because I am applying next year and my stats right now are similar to yours. Good Luck!!!!!!!

Hey Pharm1812 sure I will let u know how it goes .... keeping the hope . thanks!!!

Hi guys. I'm curious, when you got your acceptance letters, did your admission status change on Bear Tracks too? Thanks. It must be so exciting for those that have already been accepted. I'm hoping and anxiously awaiting their decision. Good job guys. Best of luck to the rest. 

17 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Hi guys. I'm curious, when you got your acceptance letters, did your admission status change on Bear Tracks too? Thanks. It must be so exciting for those that have already been accepted. I'm hoping and anxiously awaiting their decision. Good job guys. Best of luck to the rest. 

Yes, it says "Admitted". And at the top when you send in the forms so you are officially accepted, it says Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences.

It is quite exciting. I hope to share that excitement with you all!

To everyone who is still worrying about not being accepted... DO NOT WORRY YET!! It's still super early in the game! As it was mentioned earlier, last year, my transcripts weren't requested until the beginning of June, and I got accepted closer to the end of the month. If this admission cycle is anything like last year, the majority of people should start finding out if they are accepted by the end of this upcoming week! Also, don't worry about creating a facebook page for your class yet! That will be done for you, and as you get accepted, you will be emailed an invitation to join that group! That way, everyone in the class will have the opportunity to find the group. Good luck to everyone! The Class of 2020 can't wait to meet all of you in the fall!!

Hey! I am still waiting too :(( I can totally understand, I feel the same and getting impatient as days go by, constantly checking my email. I really hope we hear something by the end of this week, it's almost June end.  Plus it's hard for those who graduated to make alternate plans for the year, when you get decisions this late ! Best of luck to you though ! 

22 minutes ago, Boboeat said:

This is the end of the week almost June ending!!!!.... no admission updates in this forum?

Hi Boboeat,

Yes I am still waiting. However, last year, people were admitted closer to the end of June (June 25 and June 28) so there's still hope! 

7 hours ago, Boboeat said:

This is the end of the week almost June ending!!!!.... no admission updates in this forum?

Since Tuesday June 13, only 4 people have been accepted (on Thursday June 15), but I didn't think it was important enough to post. Anyways, as of right now, there are 100 spots left.

Hi everyone,

for those who are still waiting for their admissions decision (including me), I called the office and I was told that decisions will be coming out in July ; so I am probably not even expecting to hear back even this last week of June :(( little bit more wait to go !

Archived