Premed 101 Forums

Official University Of Alberta 2017 Pharmacy Applicants - Class Of 2021

starlight17

Hey guys! I received an offer of admission earlier today. I just wanted to thank everyone on this forum because without you guys, I don't think I would have been able to stay sane while waiting for a decision.

For those of you already accepted, did you pay your tuition deposit and submit the two documents all at once, or can you pay the deposit and submit the paperwork at different dates? The reason I ask is because I do not currently have a scanner, so I was just going to pay the deposit before sending in the documents. Also, can I pay the tuition deposit at my bank? That is how i've been paying my tuition all these years.

Good luck to those of you still waiting!

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, HopefulPharmacist2 said:

Hey guys! I received an offer of admission earlier today. I just wanted to thank everyone on this forum because without you guys, I don't think I would have been able to stay sane while waiting for a decision.

For those of you already accepted, did you pay your tuition deposit and submit the two documents all at once, or can you pay the deposit and submit the paperwork at different dates? The reason I ask is because I do not currently have a scanner, so I was just going to pay the deposit before sending in the documents. Also, can I pay the tuition deposit at my bank? That is how i've been paying my tuition all these years.

Good luck to those of you still waiting!

I paid the deposit first then submitted the documents like the next day, so you can do it on diff dates for sure. And congrats on your admission!

19 hours ago, pharmlife said:

First year courses are registered by the Faculty so there should be nothing to worry about. Since I last checked, I am only enrolled in one class so far. I believe some time after your admission is confirmed, you should be able to see your full course schedule through your Google Calendar even though you haven't been enrolled into those classes yet. 

Yes I contacted Rae she said we'll be enrolled in classes by the end of this month. Also, the google calendar is a good approximate of what our courses will be like, but it is general, since there are diff sections for the labs and seminars. 

On 7/11/2017 at 1:57 PM, pharmieclass2021 said:

Congratulations! Just curious, did you have a degree ? Also, do you know when we'll be enrolled in classes?

thanks

Hi pharmieclass2021,

no degree for me yet, I just recently completed my third year of a BSc at the U of A. 

45 minutes ago, Pharm07 said:

It went from 53 open seats to 23 in a day. Have all the admission letters been sent out and they are just waiting for people to accept?

I believe so because I was admitted last Wednesday July 5th ( 8 days ago) and  I paid deposit and confirmed my seat a weak ago, but I was only enrolled in Pharm 301 today. So i don't think looking at the enrolment Pharm 301 is 100% accurate. 

49 minutes ago, pharmieclass2021 said:

I believe so because I was admitted last Wednesday July 5th ( 8 days ago) and  I paid deposit and confirmed my seat a weak ago, but I was only enrolled in Pharm 301 today. So i don't think looking at the enrolment Pharm 301 is 100% accurate. 

Hopefully thats not the case. I was checking all of last week and the seats stayed the same until last wednesday when they decreased by 1 (which I believe would be your acceptance) then continued to remain the same until this tuesday. I called the office on monday and Rae said they were still giving out acceptances. 

1 hour ago, pharm1916 said:

Do they even look at everyones application? Seems like they are accepting on a first come first serve basis. 

I don't think it's first come first serve. I submitted my application and forms early on, as well as completing my interview on April 24th and haven't been admitted or declined. 

2 hours ago, Pharm07 said:

It went from 53 open seats to 23 in a day. Have all the admission letters been sent out and they are just waiting for people to accept?

I emailed Rae this afternoon and asked about my application status and she said that I was still being considered. So, I don't think it's all been decided. 

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 6:04 PM, pharm1916 said:

Do they even look at everyones application? Seems like they are accepting on a first come first serve basis. 

Hey, they definitely don't give offers on a first come first serve basis because I literally applied on March 30th and did my interview on May 29th and got an offer on June 28th. Just stay positive and hopeful, spots are still available so you never know.

:) 

1 hour ago, DOC123doc1 said:

Hey, they definitely don't give offers on a first come first serve basis because I literally applied on March 30th and did my interview on May 29th and got an offer on June 28th. Just stay positive and hopeful, spots are still available so you never know.

:) 

Hey DOC123doc1,

It would be also helpful if you could post your stats!

Hi all,

I emailed Rae yesterday, and asked her about admission offers. She said offers are still being sent out for the remaining seats. I am applying as a first year student, so I don't know if they even consider first years. My pGPA is 3.4, and I still haven't gotten an offer yet, and I did my interview late as well. It stressful, waiting for an offer haha.

Congrats to those who have been accepted!

On 7/14/2017 at 7:46 PM, datbot98 said:

Hi all,

I emailed Rae yesterday, and asked her about admission offers. She said offers are still being sent out for the remaining seats. I am applying as a first year student, so I don't know if they even consider first years. My pGPA is 3.4, and I still haven't gotten an offer yet, and I did my interview late as well. It stressful, waiting for an offer haha.

Congrats to those who have been accepted!

As long as you finished all the pre-requisites you should be considered. I have heard of people who got accepted as First Year students.

Don't give up hope just yet and good luck!

Hey guys. I am a current UofA Pharmacy student going into my 4th year.

Congratulations to everybody who has been accepted and for all of those that still have not heard anything, don't lose hope. There were people in my class that received acceptances off the waiting list just several days before classes started. 

I just wanted to reach out and see if anyone had any questions whatsoever about pharmacy school? I am happy to help, as I found that there wasn't a heck of a lot when I was trying to get in. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2017 at 10:28 AM, ConfusedSoul1 said:

Hey guys. I am a current UofA Pharmacy student going into my 4th year.

Congratulations to everybody who has been accepted and for all of those that still have not heard anything, don't lose hope. There were people in my class that received acceptances off the waiting list just several days before classes started. 

I just wanted to reach out and see if anyone had any questions whatsoever about pharmacy school? I am happy to help, as I found that there wasn't a heck of a lot when I was trying to get in. 

Hey @ConfusedSoul1,  

Till now my beartrack account shows that "decision pending", does it mean I have been rejected and I have to wait for my rejection letter or there is still hope somehow

On 8/5/2017 at 10:25 AM, Boboeat said:

Hey @ConfusedSoul1,  

Till now my beartrack account shows that "decision pending", does it mean I have been rejected and I have to wait for my rejection letter or there is still hope somehow

130 people have already been enrolled so I don't think they're enrolling any more.  You can also call them to check. 

hello

I'm going into my first year of undergrad and I hope to get accepted into the PharmD program after two years, So I would be applying in my second year(2018-19)

Since I'm new to post secondary and want to be a pharmacist one day I was hoping to ask a few questions.

Since the U of A looks at the gpa of your best 30 credit year (correct me if I'm wrong). Should I take things like psychology, sociology etc to help boost the gpa  of my first year? I was hoping to make my first year that best 30 credit year even though I heard first year is hard, I'm hoping I can pull it off. What do you guys think since most of you have already been down this road. I was told by a uni student that the material of first year isn't hard, it just time management and prioritizing thats a struggle since everything is so quick in uni.

I was hoping to take 4 prerequisites or 3 in each semester, then 2 or 1 other class/elective so that I can get 5 courses in each sem. 

can I get some advice and/or tips and tricks for my first year??

Archived