Premed 101 Forums

Official University Of Alberta 2017 Pharmacy Applicants - Class Of 2021

starlight17

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Jay, Got an email from them that says the interview is supposed to be sent out late April, maybe you got that too!

About that email, did it sound like they were changing up the interview, or is it just me? She said they were making "improvements" not too sure what that means exactly 

I also got an email saying it was "anticipated that I would receive an interview". However, I'm an out of province applicant and my GPA is not at the OOP competitive average...?

I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure everyone gets an interview that submitted all required materials! 

I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure everyone gets an interview that submitted all required materials! 

Yeah PharmKA96 everyone whose application is complete received that email and will receive an interview before a review is done on the applications 

Yeah PharmKA96 everyone whose application is complete received that email and will receive an interview before a review is done on the applications

almost positive that is not the case. after careful thought why would they want to review 700 interview self tapes or more (depending on how many people actually applied this year) when they could be reviewing only those that are likely prospects of getting into the program based on LOI and gpa thus far. this would bring the number of interview invites down to 300-400 like previous years. 

almost positive that is not the case. after careful thought why would they want to review 700 interview self tapes or more (depending on how many people actually applied this year) when they could be reviewing only those that are likely prospects of getting into the program based on LOI and gpa thus far. this would bring the number of interview invites down to 300-400 like previous years. 

From what I know, they get about 500 applications, Rae said 512 in 2015. And since the interview is just a screen capture of 2-3 questions it doesn't make a huge difference to offer most applicants an interview. I'm pretty sure they don't take GPA into consideration until this semester's grades are in, keep in mind there are first year students applying so it wouldn't be fair to evaluate based on one semester's worth of work. I don't know any of this for sure, but I've heard nothing about the interview selection process and they don't give any info about it so I think it's fair to assume that majority if not all applicants get offered an interview. But like I said, I don't know for sure, but everyone I know that is in pharmacy said that most people get an interview! 

I emailed to ask, ill let you know.

Does anybody know when the interviews are due?

"Thanks for your email.  I will need to verify the deadline with our Associate Dean tomorrow and let you know, but please do not worry. It has always been our intention to allow applicants to focus on final exams first, so you will have several weeks (if not more) before the deadline."

Does anyone know if the practice questions for the interview platform are supposed to reflect the type of questions we should expect on the actual interview? I've read previous forum comments that said the practice questions will give us an idea of what to expect but it seems strange that none are health care/pharmacy related.

Did anyone started the interview practice yet, I am facing difficulties with, I clicked on the watch video link and it says it can't be supported .....any advice, please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe try switching your browser if you can. I had that issue with Google Chrome and then when I switched to Explorer it worked fine. Not sure if this will solve your problem but worth a shot!

Maybe try switching your browser if you can. I had that issue with Google Chrome and then when I switched to Explorer it worked fine. Not sure if this will solve your problem but worth a shot!

Thanks kmiksche I upgraded my Google chrome and it worked perfectly well 

Archived