Premed 101 Forums

Official University Of Alberta 2017 Pharmacy Applicants - Class Of 2021

starlight17

1 hour ago, Boboeat said:

Reading from past forums I saw that people started receiving their offer of admissions as early as May 31, did anyone in this forum received an offer of admission yet?,..... just being curious 

I think it varies every year, because this year the deadline to get final transcripts in to them is June 15 and I would assume that they make the decision anytime after that. It also says on the website the committee is going to meet late in June and make the decisions.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/1/2017 at 9:21 PM, NezzS said:

I think it varies every year, because this year the deadline to get final transcripts in to them is June 15 and I would assume that they make the decision anytime after that. It also says on the website the committee is going to meet late in June and make the decisions.

Just to confirm, current ualberta students don't need to do anything for the transcripts right? The registrar automatically sends them?

Hi, 

I am applying next year and I will be in my second year in sciences. I know that they put a lot of emphasis on the LOI and I was wondering if anyone knows what they are looking for through the letter. And if you have a lot more volunteer experience than work experience, can you just leave the work experience space blank?

Earlier I emailed Rae and she said that "majority of the admissions decisions will be going out sometime in July." Last year, offers started coming out beginning May 31 as someone already mentioned. I guess we're in for a loooong wait ! Till then I will probably be checking my email every hour or so ! :((

On June 4, 2017 at 1:40 PM, bk2017 said:

Just to confirm, current ualberta students don't need to do anything for the transcripts right? The registrar automatically sends them?

Yes you are right! They send it for us. All we need to do is waiiit, which is very hard at this point but best of luck to everyone :))

On 2017-06-01 at 9:21 PM, NezzS said:

I remember last year, people started getting admitted on like June 9th, which was like a week before transcripts were due. It was so stressful seeing people admitted before the university had my transcripts! But, only a few people get admitted early. Most acceptance emails go out at the end of the month. Good luck!

3 hours ago, Rpsi said:

Congratulations! Do you mind me asking when you completed your interview and stats ? Best of luck for your pharm journey! :)

I completed my interview on May 8 I believe. My cumulative GPA and I think my pre-req GPA were each above 3.9

5 minutes ago, UAlberta14 said:

Hi Pharm07,

Why do you think there will be 134 people? I thought it has always been 130 people, as their website states. 

Hi UAlberta14,

Because there seems to be 134 seats available when registering for courses. Perhaps, it's for those  who have to repeat the courses? Hopefully someone on this thread could clarify this. 

1 minute ago, Pharm07 said:

Hi UAlberta14,

Because there seems to be 134 seats available when registering for courses. Perhaps, it's for those who have to repeat the courses? Hopefully someone on this thread could clarify this. 

Oh that's weird! Might be best to call Rae and ask her.

33 minutes ago, UofA2021 said:

Also wanted to add to this forum. Got my acceptance today. I am an out of province student. BSc (Biochemistry) completed in 2016. My GPA is above 3.9. This is my first time applying to the program. 

Congrats, that's a very impressive GPA! Do you mind commenting on the perceived strengths of your application? For example - did you have pharmacy related work or volunteer experience? Thanks! 

32 minutes ago, NezzS said:

Hey all,

I also got an acceptance email. Very exciting. My cGPA around 3.9 and pGPA 3.7. Best of luck everyone!

Hi, 

Congrats and good luck on your journey. I am applying next year and I wanted to ask if you know how much emphasis they put on volunteer, extra curricular and work experience?

Just now, Pharm1812 said:

Hi, 

Congrats and god luck on your journey. I am applying next year and I wanted to ask if you know how much emphasis they put on volunteer, extra curricular and work experience?

Hey Pharm1812,

Thank you for your good wishes! As for your question I can't really tell. I had shadowing and some work experience at a pharmacy and submitted a pharmacists consultation form but had no volunteering experience. So emphasis I would assume would be mostly on the pharmacist consultation form, so I would definitely find a pharmacist to shadow for a bit to get that done at least! Best of luck.

Hi all,

I also received my acceptance email earlier today! I had a prereq. GPA of 3.6 and an overall GPA (last 60 credits) of 3.7. Best year 30 credit year: 4.0. I didn't have any work experience in a pharmacy, but did have job shadows and some volunteer work in healthcare. First time applicant & in-province. 

Good luck to all applicants :) looking forward to meeting everyone in the Fall. 

16 minutes ago, UAlberta14 said:

Hi all,

I also received my acceptance email earlier today! I had a prereq. GPA of 3.6 and an overall GPA (last 60 credits) of 3.7. I didn't have any work experience in a pharmacy, but did have job shadows and some volunteer work in healthcare. 

Good luck to all applicants :) looking forward to meeting everyone in the Fall. 

UAlberta14,

Congrats! When did you do your interview?

Does anyone still have their beartrack saying "this application requires action"? Mine said that because of my final transcript.. I called the school and they said they received my final transcript, but haven't processed/reviewed it, therefore, they haven't sent it to the faculty of pharmacy yet.. getting really worried because people started receiving their offer..

12 minutes ago, milomom said:

Does anyone still have their beartrack saying "this application requires action"? Mine said that because of my final transcript.. I called the school and they said they received my final transcript, but haven't processed/reviewed it, therefore, they haven't sent it to the faculty of pharmacy yet.. getting really worried because people started receiving their offer..

Don't worry too much about it because from last year's thread, someone had the same problem where their transcript was only requested June 9. They still got in though!

Archived