Premed 101 Forums

Mcmaster Credit Reqs

Has anyone gained entrance into McMaster without completing their 4th year of undergrad, in other words- gained admission with solely 90 credits ?

Further, has anyone out there repetitively applied with solely the 3 years of undergrad and significant, health related workplace experience?

Do you mean that you only completed 3 years of a 4 year degree and do not plan to complete the degree ?    The early acceptance is pretty rare and is for superstars. 

I don't know the answer, but I suspect 2nd time around you would have alot of explaining to do why you are not completing your degree.   

Yeh thats correct.
90 of 120 credits completed and planning to keep re-applying.

This said, I agree with your second statement - may be a tough-go trying to explain not finishing it off.

Thanks for your advice.

Just to re-affirm, the early acceptance is for those superstar applications? Could you give me some idea of what that is, im guessing you are a student at Mac?

• 2 weeks later...

Yeh thats correct.

90 of 120 credits completed and planning to keep re-applying.

This said, I agree with your second statement - may be a tough-go trying to explain not finishing it off.

Thanks for your advice.

Just to re-affirm, the early acceptance is for those superstar applications? Could you give me some idea of what that is, im guessing you are a student at Mac?

I am a first year at Mac right now. I can confirm that there are plenty of students in my class who only completed 3 years of their 4 year degree before receiving admission. These individuals don't necessarily have to be "superstars" (if one can really have a true classification of what this word means), but obviously they would have had to do well enough in the limited number of years of GPA calculation available to "make the cut", in addition to doing well on the MCAT written after first or second year of undergrad. Keep in mind, ECs are not considered in the calculation to receive an interview or admission at Mac. Hope this helps! 

Archived