Premed 101 Forums

Cma Car Rental Discounts

Has anyone who's still under 25 used the CMA car rental discounts? 

Was looking at it for CaRMS interviews and it lets me get all the way through the booking process with no extra fees even at locations that don't normally allow drivers under 25 at all (Winnipeg airport), but I obviously don't want to show up there pre-interview and have them look at my ID and deny me a rental.

Was looking at it for CaRMS interviews and it lets me get all the way through the booking process with no extra fees even at locations that don't normally allow drivers under 25 at all (Winnipeg airport), but I obviously don't want to show up there pre-interview and have them look at my ID and deny me a rental.

Don't have an answer for you (sorry) - but may I ask why you wouldn't just cab?  Seems like it would be more cost effective and less hassle (rental fees + hospital parking costs etc.)  Unless you just want to explore the cities?

Don't have an answer for you (sorry) - but may I ask why you wouldn't just cab? Seems like it would be more cost effective and less hassle (rental fees + hospital parking costs etc.) Unless you just want to explore the cities?

More for getting between cities in Ontario where trains and planes are inconvenient or timing doesn't work out!

I tried to do this on an elective earlier this year, in Hamilton. The Enterprise website also let me go through everything and the car rental was confirmed, however when I got to the agency I was informed that I needed to produce proof of insurance. Apparently a pink slip with my name on it would suffice, as would a telephone call to my insurance company, but unfortunately it was a weekend and the slip only had my parents names on it.

I think this is as a result of provincial regulations. I literally almost had the keys in my hand and there wasn't anything about additional fees, etc, so I think as long as you had proof of insurance you'd be good to go. To be safe you could always call the actual agency you'd like to rent from.

Oh, and apparently it's pretty easy to get rides from other applicants on the CaRMS tour! Ontario residents will probably be driving between the cities so you could always hitch a ride with them and split gas. I understand the temptation to prebook everything though!

More for getting between cities in Ontario where trains and planes are inconvenient or timing doesn't work out!

Via Rail connects you pretty efficiently and effectively between the SW, Southern and Eastern Ontario corridor, and even up in to Montreal. I did train for most of the Ontario circuit, which was faster and safer than driving because of terrible storms that winter, which caused major delays and accidents along the 401.

Via Rail connects you pretty efficiently and effectively between the SW, Southern and Eastern Ontario corridor, and even up in to Montreal. I did train for most of the Ontario circuit, which was faster and safer than driving because of terrible storms that winter, which caused major delays and accidents along the 401.

Yah, it's a couple very specific transitions I'm looking at and have looked at the via rail schedule. 

Archived