Premed 101 Forums

Ot/pt Accepted/waitlisted/rejected 2017

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, HopingForPhys said:

Does McGill look at sGPA? If it's ok with you, can you list your sGPA/cGPA?

no, they look at cgpa and then credit points for high marks in their required courses (anatomy, science etc).  In my case my cGPA was 3.73 but my sGPA was 3.69. 

Applied: Queens, Western, McMaster, UofT, UofA, UBC (all PT)
Accepted: Queens (was waitlisted at #29)
Waitlisted: 
Rejected: Western, McMaster, UofT, UofA, UBC (post-interview)
GPA: sGPA 3.76 for ORPAS, 86% (UBC)
Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references: felt my experiences and references were strong. potentially could have had a stronger statement of intent for queens, but happy that the stress is over and done with and excited to start in the fall! For those on the waitlist reading this in the future, just remember there are many others in the same position as you. Stay optimistic!

9 minutes ago, hopefulPT000 said:

Applied: Queens, Western, McMaster, UofT, UofA, UBC (all PT)
Accepted: Queens (was waitlisted at #29)
Waitlisted: 
Rejected: Western, McMaster, UofT, UofA, UBC (post-interview)
GPA: sGPA 3.76 for ORPAS, 86% (UBC)
Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references: felt my experiences and references were strong. potentially could have had a stronger statement of intent for queens, but happy that the stress is over and done with and excited to start in the fall! For those on the waitlist reading this in the future, just remember there are many others in the same position as you. Stay optimistic!

Congratulations on your acceptance!!!! If you don't mind me asking, did you apply for the Northern & Rural cohort at UBC?

• 7 months later...
On 1/26/2017 at 5:14 PM, QueensqueensqueensOT said:

Applied: uOttawa, Western, Toronto, McMaster, Queens, Alberta, Dal (all OT)

Accepted:

Waitlisted:

Rejected:

CGPA: 3.1 (orpas) / 3.55 on 4.3 scale

SubGPA: 3.45 (orpas) / 3.68 on 4.3 scale

Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references: worked full time for 2 years as an OT assistant in acute care and rehabilitation center with wide variety of population. Now working as a rehab assistant in the community. References should be strong. Volunteered for 6 months in East africa in a rehab clinic. Also volunteered with kids with disabilities throughout undergrad.

I know my GPA is super low compared to all of you.....what do you guys think?

Hey! I was wondering if you happened to get in anywhere? If you don't feel comfortable answering that's totally cool!

Archived