Premed 101 Forums

Ot/pt Accepted/waitlisted/rejected 2017

9 hours ago, OThopeful1414 said:

Any U of T OT waitlisters heard anything yet? Really hoping to hear by Friday!

I've only heard from Queens with an actual acceptance on the 5th, then yesterday they sent me an "official" acceptance. Nothing from U of T. 

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, thirdculture said:

Would also like to know! I saw someone post above about being offered a spot and they were #3. 

Hey

I am also on UofT waitlist. Anyone hear back yet? Is it possible to e-mail/call to ask where they are on the waitlist?

Applied: Queens, Western, McMaster, UofT, UofA (all OT)
Accepted: Western, UofA
Waitlisted: UofT
Rejected: Queens, McMaster (post-interview)
GPA: cGPA 3.4x on ORPAS, sGPA 3.75 for ORPAS, 3.79 for UofA
Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references: Felt iffy about references (one prof I didn't know that well but did well in his class and one physiotherapist I volunteered with) and just OK about my essays. Got a couple people to proofread them but wasn't 100% satisfied.. but I guess it was enough! Just got into Western off the waitlist (upper third). Hope to see some of you at Western in the fall :)

27 minutes ago, PatrickSG said:

Hey

I am also on UofT waitlist. Anyone hear back yet? Is it possible to e-mail/call to ask where they are on the waitlist?

Here's what it says at UofT website:

June 9,  2017: This is the earliest date by which waitlisted applicants will be contacted with offers to U of T’s MSc PT program. 

9 minutes ago, ExcitedPT said:

June 9,  2017: This is the earliest date by which waitlisted applicants will be contacted with offers to U of T’s MSc PT program. 

Thanks! I am aware of this. Someone else posted they got off the UofT waitlist for PT at #3 spot... so I thought it moved earlier

9 minutes ago, ExcitedPT said:

2 minutes ago, PatrickSG said:

Thanks! I am aware of this. Someone else posted they got off the UofT waitlist for PT at #3 spot... so I thought it moved earlier

I thought they contact you starting June 5th? that's what it said in the email they sent us. I am #16 and have not gotten anything yet. stay optimistic though :)

1 minute ago, turquoisemy said:

I thought they contact you starting June 5th? that's what it said in the email they sent us. I am #16 and have not gotten anything yet. stay optimistic though :)

Thanks for the clarification. Stay hopeful! Im rooting for you :D

2 hours ago, PatrickSG said:

Hey

I was accepted off the waitlist for McMaster this week and I am still on the waitlist for U of T (OT). U of T is my first choice so I contacted them for an update and they said that they are currently at capacity and not expecting to make any more offers at this time :( This does not mean that they won't make offers after June 9th though (after people's acceptances have become firm)! But I am in a position where I will need to confirm with McMaster this week so as to not take any chances. For those on the waitlist who do not get an offer by the end of this week, do not lose hope as the waitlist stays open for a couple months!

Hey, 

So yesterday I completed a "firm accept" for my offer from Queens, but it didn't feel like it actually went through. When I clicked confirm changes I was given a confirmation number etc, but then when I logged in today the "firm accept" was still a hyperlink, so I'm worried it hasn't actually gone through. Is this normal? I was able to create my Queens account using the NetID they sent in their official acceptance email, but I am unable to access my Queens email still. I see some people have mentioned having to go through SAMS, but my account doesn't really have anything in this section other than adding things to your application. I guess it's been a long time coming, so I'm paranoid Im going to screw up the acceptance lol. Can anyone confirm that for OT this is how the acceptance process should be?

On 6/9/2017 at 10:16 AM, Future_OT said:

Hey, 

So yesterday I completed a "firm accept" for my offer from Queens, but it didn't feel like it actually went through. When I clicked confirm changes I was given a confirmation number etc, but then when I logged in today the "firm accept" was still a hyperlink, so I'm worried it hasn't actually gone through. Is this normal? I was able to create my Queens account using the NetID they sent in their official acceptance email, but I am unable to access my Queens email still. I see some people have mentioned having to go through SAMS, but my account doesn't really have anything in this section other than adding things to your application. I guess it's been a long time coming, so I'm paranoid Im going to screw up the acceptance lol. Can anyone confirm that for OT this is how the acceptance process should be?

Hey! That's what happened to mine when I firm accepted The program coordinator emailed me saying he could see the acceptance on the university's end after that happened, so I don't think you have anything to worry about! :) Congrats on getting into Queens! 

On 6/12/2017 at 10:48 PM, thirdculture said:

Anyone heard about any more movement for the U of T PT waitlist? 

I called Cindy from UofT last Friday and she told me they gave out 7 offers from the waitlist. I called her again today and she told me the same thing and it sounded like the list wasn't going to be moving any more... If anyone else has updates please share!

Congrats to all that have received an acceptance! :) And I hope those with a waitlist position hear back soon, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! :) 

I was wondering for those of you who have been accepted into Western's PT program, is there a Facebook page up and running? I was interested in looking for housing options and wanted to reach out to some future roomies :)  Thanks in advance! 

On 6/13/2017 at 2:07 PM, MacGrad19 said:

Has anyone heard about Western's OT waitlist?

I saw one person got in last Monday, but no one has posted anything about it since.

Thanks!

I phoned them this week and they would not tell me anything. The lady I spoke to said that they have made offers to people on the waitlist, but she would not say any more than that. Just thought I would let people know to save them the hassle of calling in.

On 2017-06-13 at 5:07 PM, MacGrad19 said:

Has anyone heard about Western's OT waitlist?

I saw one person got in last Monday, but no one has posted anything about it since.

Thanks!

My friend got a call on the 12th (after all other offers became firm on the 9th), she had been in the upper third for the waitlist. When I received my offer off the PT waitlist I had 5 days to accept, I'm not sure if it is still that much time or if it's down to 24 hours to accept. But if it is still 5 days it may be next week before they make anymore calls! Stay hopeful ☺️

Archived