Premed 101 Forums

Ot/pt Accepted/waitlisted/rejected 2017

Hey all! Wondering if anyone could help me out with two questions.  Didn't do too well on PT acceptance this am :(

1. If I didn't get a waitlist number form Mac (and didn't see any other email in my Junk) should I assume I am not high enough to be wait-listed? 

2. I am #51 at UofT - probably too high to get in? Any one have any experience or guesses here? 

Thanks so much!

Congrats to all that got in!!!! :) :)   :)

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Applied: Dal PT, U of T PT, Queens PT, Western PT, and McMaster PT
Accepted: Dal, U of T, Queens, Western and Mcmaster
Waitlisted:
Rejected:
GPA cum: 3.94

GPA sub: 3.93

Torn between U of T and Queens if anyone has any advice on either school!! :)  Did my undergrad at Dal so I wanted a change! 

Alright, so I've officially heard from everyone (all through email).

First, I would love to say CONGRATS to everyone who has come this far, who has been accepted and waitlisted, but also those who got the dreadful letter of rejection. I got one last year to the only school I applied to, and I know how disappointing it is. Just keep trying, we will all get there!

Schools applied: Queens, U of T, McMaster, Western (All OT)

Accepted: none

Waitlisted: Queens and U of T

Rejected: Western and McMaster

Grades: sGPA - 3.69. CGPA - 3.44

While my grades were just alright in comparison to the outstanding ones most of you have, (but man a 92% if you calculate it)... I do believe my volunteer efforts and strong references have helped me secure two waitlist positions. There is hope to re-apply next year guys! Ironically these schools are my top two... so I haven't fully decided which I even prefer. There's lots to consider for both. Hopefully I get a letter of acceptance from at least one of them. I would be over the moon to go to either.

If anyone has experience being on the waitlist, I would love to hear from you. It seems neither school disclosed my position on the list, so I have no idea what to expect over the next few days/weeks.

Keep your heads up guys, it's not over yet!

Applied: UofT PT, Western PT, and McMaster PT
Accepted: Western 
Waitlisted: UofT (#22)
Rejected: McMaster?

sGPA: 3.90

I'm assuming that no email from McMaster is a rejection? If anyone can clarify, that would be great. 

Also, is it likely that UofT waitlist would move 22 spots before provisional acceptances become firm? My top choice is UWO, but having options is always relieving.

Best of luck to those who didn't get in this cycle! This is my second cycle -- I got high waitlisted at UWO last year and rejected at Mac/UofT with a 3.76 sGPA, so I totally understand how dreadful it feels. Plan ahead, and do something productive in the year ahead!  

Applied: UofT PT, Western PT, and McMaster PT

Accepted: Western 

Waitlisted: UofT (#22)

Rejected: McMaster?

sGPA: 3.90

I'm assuming that no email from McMaster is a rejection? If anyone can clarify, that would be great. 

Also, is it likely that UofT waitlist would move 22 spots before provisional acceptances become firm? My top choice is UWO, but having options is always relieving.

Best of luck to those who didn't get in this cycle! This is my second cycle -- I got high waitlisted at UWO last year and rejected at Mac/UofT with a 3.76 sGPA, so I totally understand how dreadful it feels. Plan ahead, and do something productive in the year ahead!  

Congrats on Western!  This is my first year applying, so don't have any experience with waitlists - I am 51 on Uoft, think it's pretty obvious I won't get in, but at 22 I would think it would move enough for you!   I did get a rejection email from Mac - but no mention of waitlist. My Mac portal still says pending - any chance you have checked your Mac portal - is yours 'pending'?  I really wanted Mac, so disappointed and am dying to know if I'm waitlisted or not

Congrats on Western!  This is my first year applying, so don't have any experience with waitlists - I am 51 on Uoft, think it's pretty obvious I won't get in, but at 22 I would think it would move enough for you!   I did get a rejection email from Mac - but no mention of waitlist. My Mac portal still says pending - any chance you have checked your Mac portal - is yours 'pending'?  I really wanted Mac, so disappointed and am dying to know if I'm waitlisted or not

Thank you! :) 

I haven't heard a thing from Mac, and my portal does still say 'pending'. I just noticed that nobody on here's reported a waitlist position at Mac, which may indicate what I'm on (although it wont matter to me, since I'm staying away from it as I did my Undergrad and a Masters there). 

Thank you! :) 

I haven't heard a thing from Mac, and my portal does still say 'pending'. I just noticed that nobody on here's reported a waitlist position at Mac, which may indicate what I'm on (although it wont matter to me, since I'm staying away from it as I did my Undergrad and a Masters there). 

I did read someone here had an email from Mac in their junk folder. Doubt that would happen to you given you likely have a Mac email as you did undergrad/masters there, but just a thought. Weird they wouldn't have sent anything to you.  Interesting to know that yours is still pending too - maybe we are on the waitlist maybe not :) . I called Mac and they said they couldn't answer questions until Tuesday!  I just want to know if I should give up all hope or hang on - gonna be a painful weekend lol! 

I just checked Mosaic and mine says pending so you are probably waitlisted as well. Did you check your "junk" email folder by chance....my wait list email from Mac was in my junk folder ...

Hey!  Do you mind if I ask if your waitlist email was the only email you got from Mac or did you first get a rejection email and then a wait list email? I only got a rejection email, but my status is still pending, so trying to determine if I was waitlisted or just rejected.  Thanks!!

Hey! Do you mind if I ask if your waitlist email was the only email you got from Mac or did you first get a rejection email and then a wait list email? I only got a rejection email, but my status is still pending, so trying to determine if I was waitlisted or just rejected. Thanks!!

Hi, I only received the one wait list email from Mac last night just after midnight. My mosaic shows pending as well. Ugh more waiting. Good luck

I've checked every place I can think of.. but no sight of any communication from Mac. Emailed them to inquire. Thanks for letting me know. 

Btw, does it say the specific position?

Hi, I only received the one wait list email from Mac last night just after midnight. My mosaic shows pending as well. Ugh more waiting. Good luck

Thanks!! I guess assuming as I didn't get a waitlist email and just the rejection, I probably wasn't put on waitlist.  At least I can move on! Thanks!!

For anyone wondering about the movement of wait lists from McMaster, a friend of mine was 26th on the wait list last year and he was accepted about a month after the acceptances were released. I'd guess there would be similar movement on the lists from other schools. 

I would say it's a fair shake to say that you'd get in to u of t at # 3! For example I am one person on this forum who has a u of t seat and will be heading to queens... that puts you at #2 already :)

Just wanted to say that this isn't necessarily how the waitlist works! Some schools accept more students knowing that a certain percentage will choose other schools, and if there are still spots available then they go into the waitlist.

For instance, if UofT aims to accept 70 students they may send out 80 offers. If more than 10 students refuse the offer, then they start offering spots to those on the waitlist until 70 students have confirmed enrollment. However, I'm not 100% sure that UofT uses this system and you may be right that they send out (for eg.) 70 offers for 70 spots.

With that being said Daniel1204, #3 is still very high on the waitlist and I hope you receive good news shortly :) 

Congrats to everyone accepted and to those still waiting or were rejected, good luck and don't lose hope! 

I got accepted into UofT, Western, Mac, and Queens for OT and was wondering if people know what the differences are between these programs or have any tips on which one to choose! I'm incredibly grateful to have the option to choose between schools and I'm not sure what factors to consider (location, opportunities, student life)! If anyone has any suggestions, I would really appreciate it! I'm from Vancouver and don't know anything about Ontario schools, other than that brief time I visited Hamilton for the Mac interviews aha

Simply posting to give hope to futur applicants with low gpas.

Applied: uottawa (pt and ot)

Accepted: uottawa ot

Waitlisted: -

Rejected: uottawa pt

GPA: approximately 3.2

Congratulations to all that got accepted as well as to all who tried and applied!

Hey all! Wondering if anyone could help me out with two questions. Didn't do too well on PT acceptance this am :(

1. If I didn't get a waitlist number form Mac (and didn't see any other email in my Junk) should I assume I am not high enough to be wait-listed?

2. I am #51 at UofT - probably too high to get in? Any one have any experience or guesses here?

Thanks so much!

Congrats to all that got in!!!! :) :) :)

I got an actual rejection email from Mac... so maybe there's still hope? It came in last night along with the others

Archived