Premed 101 Forums

Ot Resume Question?

Hello,

I wanted to make sure I understood this correctly about the content for our CV for applying to OT. For UofT, we don't include any personal information and just go straight into the content. While for Queens, we do include our names, but do we also include things like our email, address, etc?  Also, did people have their names in the headers as well ?

Here is the description on the university websites: 

Toronto: " typed in 11-point font on 8.5” x 11” paper, single sided with one-inch margins on all four edges, and must be no longer than two pages. The applicant’s personal contact information (e.g. address, email) must not appear anywhere on the resume. You do NOT need to include your ORPAS username either. All resumes should be uploaded directly to your ORPAS online application account."

Queens: "A resumé is required. Resumés must be typed in 11‑point font, on 8.5" x 11" paper, single‑sided, with one‑inch margins on all four edges. They should be no longer than two pages and should include your name on the resumé. Upload resumé directly to your ORPAS application."

My last question is whether or not we include a reference section at the end? 

I'm sure this question is kind of self explanatory, but the last thing I would want is to make a simple mistake on my application.

Thanks in advance!

I'm applying to UofT.

I put my name at the top of my resume, and that's it. No other personal information (as directed). 

I see no reason to put references at the end of your resume. You're having references send in confidential reference forms for you, so the admissions committee will already know who your references are. Including them on your resume would be redundant and a waste of space that could be used to share more information about your experiences and achievements.  

I also don't see any reason for putting any information in the headers. There shouldn't be any issues of your documents getting lost since they're being submitted electronically, and it's not mentioned in the formatting requirements.  

If you're still unsure of anything, I'd recommend contacting the OT departments at UofT and Queen's directly. ORPAS won't know, and they'll just direct you to the contact the university in question. 

Hope that helps, and good luck!

UofT specifies not to put any contact information on your resume. From the UofT website:

The applicant’s personal contact information (e.g. address, email) must not appear anywhere on the resume. You do NOT need to include your ORPAS username either.

So your name should be fine. Here's' a link to the website. You'll have to scroll down about midway to find their resume/cv formatting criteria. http://ot.utoronto.ca/prospective/mscot_24month/

Archived