Premed 101 Forums

Chances For An Ip Student

Ok, this is not a humble brag or anything, I'm just curious if my scores would guarantee me a spot even if my interview was subpar (like 4th quintile), based on what people have heard from those who have gotten in or seen from the past statistics.

I have a 516 on the MCAT and my AGPA is a 4.32 as an in-province student. I'm just curious since there have been no stats released from the class of 2020.

There is no way to tell if any scores would guarantee a spot since they never release interview scores for those accepted. My guess however would be no, because I know in the past some people with scores of 12.0 that didn't get in.

Also the interview is worth 40%, so I would guess you must at least do average to get in with your scores.

At the end of the day, you should be preparing yourself to be in the top quintile to guarantee yourself a spot

There is no way to tell if any scores would guarantee a spot since they never release interview scores for those accepted. My guess however would be no, because I know in the past some people with scores of 12.0 that didn't get in.

Also the interview is worth 40%, so I would guess you must at least do average to get in with your scores.

At the end of the day, you should be preparing yourself to be in the top quintile to guarantee yourself a spot

Alright I agree with this. I'm just nervous about my chances since I have nothing to go off of with there being no statistics available with the new MCAT being used.

It's probably something around there, but the stats seemed to be lower this year in comparison to previous ones. I know a few ppl that got in last year with 504-506 MCATs. Just shows you how important the interview is.

This year (if you mean those that got accepted in September) was the first year they had the new MCAT, so last years 504-506 does not make sense.

Also, it is very probable the people with 504-506 got accepted since I think that is probably around a 10-10.25 in the old score, and quite a few people with those scores do get in.

Interview is huge. I'd wager far more important than MCAT. If you fail more than 2 stations (IIRC) your out. You can get red flagged. You can be put in a really tough track of other students. It's a far better indicator to the faculty about your potential as a future physician so I'd focus more on this than anything else.

You have great stats so you do have a larger error margin but I wouldn't use that as a crutch to take it lightly. Also a rural multiplier would be hugely advantageous for you (because of your higher stats) if you have any.

Interview is huge. I'd wager far more important than MCAT. If you fail more than 2 stations (IIRC) your out. You can get red flagged. You can be put in a really tough track of other students. It's a far better indicator to the faculty about your potential as a future physician so I'd focus more on this than anything else.

You have great stats so you do have a larger error margin but I wouldn't use that as a crutch to take it lightly. Also a rural multiplier would be hugely advantageous for you (because of your higher stats) if you have any.

Are only a certain number of people allowed to be accepted from a certain track?

I unfortunately can't qualify for any rural multiplier.

• 2 months later...

Archived