Premed 101 Forums

Nserc + Mcat In The Same Summer?

I did an NSERC last summer. I also wrote my MCAT two weeks after my lab work finished. I scored pretty badly because I did not have a lot of time to study (commuting over 3 hr, work). I wasn't very motivated to study because I came home stressed from being in a hostile lab environment; I felt like more of a burden in the lab and as if people didn't want me there as a student.

The only reason I'm considering doing an NSERC while retaking the MCAT again is for the valuable research experience and possible connections with a prof. Is it really worth it? Should I just spend next summer solely on the MCAT?

I just don't want to feel as if my summer is wasted if I don't do anything other than the MCAT...

A solid MCAT score >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> any research you will ever do with regards to medical school admissions.

At the end of the day you have to make the decision based on what you think is best for your personal circumstances, what is most important to you and what you think will best align with your future goals.

Archived