Premed 101 Forums

Hello everyone, 

I would like to say that I am a non-traditional student but then again, it's complicated. I am an RN in Saskatchewan and I want to go to med school. It has always been my dream to be a Dr. but as an immigrant, I had to get my PR one way or the other to qualify so I decided to study nursing as it a great career that I loved to get into and it was going to help me get my PR faster. After becoming a nurse, i feel like i need to do more which made me start researching med schools in Canada as it was my initial goal. Thing is, I do not have any premed courses (biochem, chem, organic chem, physics, etc) that will prepare me for the MCAT but someone told me that I don't have to take those courses but I should take prep courses like Kaplan or Prep101 which is what I intend to do. Can someone please advise or give me tips on what to do and anyone else in my current situation? I plan to go to Calgary or Edmonton in May or June for one of the prep courses when I decide which one to take. I know i have a lot of questions and I might not seem straight forward, so just let me know of any clarifications you might need. 

Archived