Premed 101 Forums

Graduate Transcript

Hi All,

I applied to Fall 2017 Admission, having finished my undergraduate degree in June of 2016. I started a course-based graduate program in September of 2016, and it will be finished by July of 2017. I only ordered a transcript from my undergraduate institution, and I didn't order one from my graduate institution, as I was just starting grad school and I had no marks available, obviously. Will I be penalized? Was I supposed to do so? I had just indicated I was a grad student on my sketch under Formal Education. Has anyone come across this and had issues before with admissions.

Thanks!

In my first year of my masters, I had a transcript sent to OMSAS as proof of enrolment, despite there being no grades on my transcript. I would contact NOSM admissions to clarify whether or not this is necessary. Given that interview invites will likely be sent in the coming weeks, I would do so sooner rather than later! 

Hi There,

That makes sense. I contacted NOSM today and they didn't quite answer my question, they just said they wouldn't accept any additional information after October 1st, 2016 deadline. A few of my friends did the same thing as I. I am awaiting their response. I assume it will be okay, as I got an email from NOSM in November saying they received my application and all documentation is good, but I just thought about this yesterday. I think it will have no effect as no masters grades can affect GPA, and masters degree bonus only takes affect once you are done. NOSM also doesn't have any clear rules of when you need to finish your masters before enrollment so I am unsure. I just don't want my application to be disqualified.

Thanks for your reply!

Hey Green11,

I am in the same boat as you- I applied this cycle having just graduated from my undergrad, and am now in a MSc. program. However, I did order two transcripts for both my undergrad and graduate degrees- Mostly because I was informed the graduate transcript would aid in proof of enrolment (by NOSM). 

Having said this, my university would only send one transcript- with both programs information on the one sheet. From what I've heard from other people- I don't think it'll affect your application a lot, as you don't make the December graduation cut-off for the 0.2 GPA boost anyway. I wouldn't worry too much about this, I know a lot of students who were confused about this.

Archived