Premed 101 Forums

507+ Mcat

We don't know what a competitive score will be this year- if you look at a few of the recent threads there is some speculation based on last year's stats but who knows if the supposed cutoffs from last year will hold stable for this year. Few more weeks and you'll find out!

Based on the posts in the 2016 Interview Invites thread, a total score of at least 508 was needed to get an invite. However, the posts are just a proportion of the invites that went out, so those with a total score of 507 may have still gotten interviews (we just don't know). Also, as helicase said, the cutoffs change every year, so this year might be a different story. 

However, I think 507 ~ 29 on old MCAT (correct me if I'm wrong), so I can't see the cutoff for total score to be below 507-508 for any application cycle.

But yes, we will know in about 2 weeks!

Based on the posts in the 2016 Interview Invites thread, a total score of at least 508 was needed to get an invite. However, the posts are just a proportion of the invites that went out, so those with a total score of 507 may have still gotten interviews (we just don't know). Also, as helicase said, the cutoffs change every year, so this year might be a different story. 

However, I think 507 ~ 29 on old MCAT (correct me if I'm wrong), so I can't see the cutoff for total score to be below 507-508 for any application cycle.

But yes, we will know in about 2 weeks!

Thank you :)! and if I have a 3.81 GPA, should that meet the cutoff for GPA requirement?

Thank you :)! and if I have a 3.81 GPA, should that meet the cutoff for GPA requirement?

Yes, seems competitive. It also largely depends on whether you are an undergraduate or graduate student. The GPA cutoff for graduate students is more lenient.

Archived