Premed 101 Forums

U Of T Pa Applicants 2017

I think it could still be after that date! There are now 5 spots left and it could be that 5 people have not responded yet (neither accepted nor denied) and since the university gives you until the 19th to sign up, those people could just not sign up at all and then 5 invites could be sent out after the deadline! Does that make sense lol??

Yup that's why I was thinking interview waitlisters may be contacted on Thursday the 20th if any remaining invites expire or get declined. Although I guess people who accepted can also change their mind and that opens up another spot? Guess we'll have to wait and see!

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations to all the UofT MMI interviewees, It was really nice to speak to you today, I hope the Q&A sessions helped. Some stats for those that are interested over 500 applications this year, 88 interview spots for 30 places, applicants continue to set high standards for previous qualifications, patient experience and supplemental applications.

Some hard advice to follow relax, keep busy and try not to over think the MMI day too much.

Congratulations everyone!

I actually enjoyed the experience! There was only one station that left me standing outside the door thinking "ummm...what am I going to say?!" but after the interview, I felt pretty confident! 

Hope everyone from out of town enjoyed their day in the city and got home safe!

Best of luck everyone!

• 3 weeks later...

To stay somewhat anonymous, I can't say exactly what my job is- but I have been out of school for a handful of years, and have been working the entire time in a clinical setting. I primarily am doing assessments, and work directly with patients and their families. 

My GPA was weaker- specifically why I applied to U of T as i had heard that they place a great deal of importance on experience. 

Archived