Premed 101 Forums

Am I Missing Something? Uofa Pt Application

I submitted my U of A PT application (IP) and I feel like there has to be more to it. The first part is just your personal information, transcripts, and verification of volunteer/work experience. The supplemental application covers pre-reqs and what campus you would prefer to attend. Am I missing something? Is that it? 

I had talked to Gillian previously and she said that the volunteer hours were strictly a yes/no. More hours were not beneficial. If this is all there is to the application, then I'm confused as to how they determine who interviews other than GPA. Given that Gillian had also said someone got in with a 3.6 last year, I feel like GPA can't be the only measure. 

I feel like I've called with a lot of questions, so I don't want to be annoying and keep calling U of A. If anyone has any information, I would really appreciate hearing from you.

If it helps, I also applied to U of A PT and that is the only information that I have sent in as well. From what I understand based on their website, the interview cut-off is simply the top 300 GPA`s from students who also have the required work/volunteer experience and prerequisites. But, I honestly have no idea how that works since they only give 15% of seats to out of province students. All I know is applying as an in-province applicant gives you a huge advantage over being an out of province applicant so I can certainly see an in-province applicant who scores 100% on their interview getting in with a 3.6 GPA since the interview and GPA are both weighted at 50% for admission.

I submitted my U of A PT application (IP) and I feel like there has to be more to it. The first part is just your personal information, transcripts, and verification of volunteer/work experience. The supplemental application covers pre-reqs and what campus you would prefer to attend. Am I missing something? Is that it? 

I had talked to Gillian previously and she said that the volunteer hours were strictly a yes/no. More hours were not beneficial. If this is all there is to the application, then I'm confused as to how they determine who interviews other than GPA. Given that Gillian had also said someone got in with a 3.6 last year, I feel like GPA can't be the only measure. 

I feel like I've called with a lot of questions, so I don't want to be annoying and keep calling U of A. If anyone has any information, I would really appreciate hearing from you.

If it helps, I also applied to U of A PT and that is the only information that I have sent in as well. From what I understand based on their website, the interview cut-off is simply the top 300 GPA`s from students who also have the required work/volunteer experience and prerequisites. But, I honestly have no idea how that works since they only give 15% of seats to out of province students. All I know is applying as an in-province applicant gives you a huge advantage over being an out of province applicant so I can certainly see an in-province applicant who scores 100% on their interview getting in with a 3.6 GPA since the interview and GPA are both weighted at 50% for admission.

what is this "verification of volunteer/work experience. "? what do you do there?

and is this all you do for the application regarding volunteer and work? you dont talk about it? do you have to somehow show your recorded hours that you have on your book?

Archived