Premed 101 Forums

Two Lines Of Credit

I am going to be attending medical school in the U.S. 

I recently learned that some students studying outside of Canada have managed to be approved for two medical school lines of credit. Does anyone have information about this? I always thought that as soon as you apply for one line of credit and are approved, it would show on your credit report and other banks would not issue you a second line of credit. 

I have been approved for 250k at TD,  but I was thinking about also going to CIBC to see if I can get an extra 50k for first year. 

If anyone can PM me with information it would be greatly appreciated. 

• 2 weeks later...

I am going to be attending medical school in the U.S. 

I recently learned that some students studying outside of Canada have managed to be approved for two medical school lines of credit. Does anyone have information about this? I always thought that as soon as you apply for one line of credit and are approved, it would show on your credit report and other banks would not issue you a second line of credit. 

I have been approved for 250k at TD,  but I was thinking about also going to CIBC to see if I can get an extra 50k for first year. 

If anyone can PM me with information it would be greatly appreciated. 

You may have luck with this, but I doubt you can get away without telling the second lender. Because the paperwork can take a few days to go through, they're probably ultimately going to find out before the final signing of documents. I would suggest just being open with CIBC about the situation and seeing if they're willing to do it.

Archived