Premed 101 Forums

Pt Anatomy And Physiology Online Courses

Hey everyone,

I am a BSc Biology major who is looking to apply to PT schools for Sept 2018 intake. I will need to obtain 6 credits of Human Physiology and 3 credits of Human Anatomy in order to apply for the two main schools I aiming for (UBC and UofA).

I am currently working and therefore am looking to complete these pre-reqs through online classes.

I have narrowed down my choices and was wondering if anyone here has any feedback on the delivery, pace, and difficulty of the following choices. If someone has a better recommendation for courses i would be very interested. Being able to complete the courses at my own pace would be a huge advantage as I can then work around my own schedule rather then being forced to sit an exam at an exact time and date for example.

Anatomy:

-BIOL 3701 at TRU  (leaning towards this but haven't been able to find any feedback on this course)

-ANAT 1010 at Dalhousie (no longer accepted by UBC for 2019 intake which is unfortunate)

-PTHER 350 at UofA (heard this is very strict on times/dates for assignments and exams)

-HLSC 120 at Grant McEwan (not on approved list for UBC but is for UofA - not sure if its a firm No or if its just not a popular enough course to make the list for UBC)

Physiology:

-BIOL 230 at Athabasca (leaning towards this but haven't been able to find any feedback on this course)

-BIOL 235 at Athabasca (very similair courses but 235 has anatomy component. Unfortunately UBC only counts as 3 credits of Physiology/3 credits Anatomy whereas UofA counts it as 6 credits Physiology)

-I have not been able to find any other online physiology courses that counts as 6 credits towards most Universities. Any other suggestions would be great!

Apologies for the loaded post but really want to make the best informed decision on this. Any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Archived