Premed 101 Forums

Has Anyone Gotten An Interview In Recent Years At Uwo With An 18 Rc Score?

I think the cutoff might be lower this year since the most recent DAT (and therefore presumably the one most people will be applying with) seemed to have a difficult RC section with not many people achieving very high scores compared to previous years.

Any chance it would go down below 18 or if the writers this year would be compared to an equal scale as the year before? Scale of Nov 2015 seemed a bit more better than 2016 so I am curious how its looked at. If all they compare is the number between 1-30 only then nvm lol.  

Any chance it would go down below 18 or if the writers this year would be compared to an equal scale as the year before? Scale of Nov 2015 seemed a bit more better than 2016 so I am curious how its looked at. If all they compare is the number between 1-30 only then nvm lol.  

They only look at the number. 

Conversely, because of the newly introduced ABS what are the chances they increase the cutoff to reduce the number of full file reviews?

Highly doubt that it would go up. They want a sizeable pool of applicants to review for ABS/PS and then select 240 to interview. 

Although I can't confirm what the admissions committee will be doing, I've heard that the RC score cutoff of 18 was a mistake made by admissions while reviewing applications last year.  I also heard that they may bring the cutoff back up to 19 to be on par with previous years.  Remember that although there are many applicants applying with Nov 2016 DAT scores (which has weaker scores, if I understand it), there are just as many students applying for a second/third time with older DAT scores.  I'm not sure many committees will change the cutoff for one set of students if the other three DAT test scores are all well within normal range.

Although I can't confirm what the admissions committee will be doing, I've heard that the RC score cutoff of 18 was a mistake made by admissions while reviewing applications last year.  I also heard that they may bring the cutoff back up to 19 to be on par with previous years.  Remember that although there are many applicants applying with Nov 2016 DAT scores (which has weaker scores, if I understand it), there are just as many students applying for a second/third time with older DAT scores.  I'm not sure many committees will change the cutoff for one set of students if the other three DAT test scores are all well within normal range.

What was their reasoning?

So would this mean that they won't even read the ABS/PS of applicants with an RC score of 18 this year?

Archived