Premed 101 Forums

Tips For Preparation For Uofc Mmi?

My advice copy/pasted from another thread:

So here is my advice on how to prep for the UofC MMI:

1) Practice talking confidently about absolutely anything for 3-5 minutes non-stop. (Because then you can use the prompts)

2) Practice sitting in awkward silence for at least a minute in case you finish a station before your time is up (I had that happen in one station)

3) That's it.

In all seriousness, I did "prep" for my MMI's last year a little bit by practicing with 3 other people with scenarios we found on the internet. I also practiced with the sample MMI questions that the UofC provided (I am assuming those are still up on the website). The most important thing you need for MMI day is confidence in yourself. You are there for a reason; it's not a mistake. If you think about it as something to have fun with, it will take the pressure off and your true personality will shine through! I approached each station like I was having a conversation with someone, and when I got a "hard" station or a station that was more difficult for me to navigate, I was honest about it. I said "This is tough for me, and this is why." When I spent 3 minutes answering a question that didn't exist (and figured that out by the first prompt I got), I said 'Oh, I guess the last 3 minutes didn't really have anything to do with the questions you're asking, so now my answer is this..." I know countless people who "messed up" a station and got in. I know it's hard on your side of things because you want to do everything you can to prepare, but honestly the most important thing in my opinion is just getting used to talking and rolling with the flow. Do whatever you can to calm your nerves. I know this is high stakes (I finally got an interview on my fourth time applying), but the best way through is to just be yourself. 

Archived