Premed 101 Forums

Uoft Interview Discussion 2017

Good luck to the rest of you MF's still waiting - my fingers are crossed for all of you (especially for those who are waiting for Toronto as their last hope this cycle). It's been great chatting with you all as the cycle dredged on. Big things on the horizon.

- Anbessa

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still waiting to hear from UofT here (MSc student)  :(

I know a huge batch of rejections went out today, but if this is any relief there were a lot of people I met this past weekend at interviews that had yet to here from Toronto. Pretty much 1 in 3 people hadn't heard anything so there's still many applications that have yet to be reviewed/results to be communicated.

So, I called them this morning and the lady on the phone said that "some invites" will be sent out by the end of this week. After this week, if you still haven't received an email, she said you would be in the pile of applications held up until the last minute in case of cancellations.

Like others who have called before, she used the wording "some" invited, which makes me think not many is left

So, I called them this morning and the lady on the phone said that "some invites" will be sent out by the end of this week. After this week, if you still haven't received an email, she said you would be in the pile of applications held up until the last minute in case of cancellations.

Like others who have called before, she used the wording "some" invited, which makes me think not many is left

Thanks for calling! We're not out yet :)

Wait... I'm not usually one to read too in-depth in to these things, but it sounds like there are no more rejection rounds left until the dead-last final rejections that will go out once all interview spots are definitely filled a day or two before the interview. 

Does that mean everyone left is either getting an invite or on that invite wait list?

I spoke to admissions today, they told me that there will be some more interview invites and rejections sent out by the end of this week. She said a small pool of files will be held onto in case of any last minute cancellations before the April interview weekend. Everyone except for that small pool of applicants should hear back by the end of this week. Those select applicants being held onto will either be offered an interview spot if it is available, if not they will get their regrets after the interview weekend.

I asked if she could comment on how many interview spots are left, she said I can't say how many, I will just say that another invite wave will be happening this week. 

I asked if she could comment on how many interview spots are left, she said I can't say how many, I will just say that another invite wave will be happening this week. 

Are many still waiting to hear back? It's been so quiet the last couple of days. Hoping for the invite wave to happen today....Good luck to all!

From the posts that were made earlier this week by those who had spoke to the admins, it seemed like there were still invites to be given out beyond the ones saved just for cancellations. That said, those were supposed to have been given out by yesterday. No one seems to have posted about invites this week, so I'm really not sure. I'm also in the boat of not hearing back yet.

• Leon unpinned this topic

Archived