Premed 101 Forums

Mems

Ab Ahmad

Hello everybody,

I starting this thread since am new to McGill applications and don't know where exactly find all informations related to MEMs. Could you please give some advices,some scenarios exemples, what's mainly the difference between francophone vs English MEM. Anything would be benefical for newly invited to interview.  

Thanksss

The info is on this page, the link was in the email thhey send you to tell you you're invited: 

http://www.mcgill.ca/medadmissions/mdis/

WHAT are the McGill Multiple Mini-Interviews (M³I)?
  • The McGill Multiple Mini-Interviews (M³I) consists of a circuit of 10 stations, which can be in any of the following formats: (a) discussion-based (with evaluator present) (B) task-oriented (with or without evaluator present) or © controlled scenarios or simulations (with evaluator observing). 
  • Each station is 9 minutes long, with the first two minutes allotted to reading instructions and preparing yourself for the station; the remaining seven minutes are devoted to the actual interview-station. 
  • Stations are designed to evaluate the various abilities and skills that form the basis of the Physicianship curriculum component. Clinical skills are not tested.

Also as you may have seen everyone has to sign the «NON-DISCLOSURE FORM: Download and carefully read the following form: application-pdf.png NDAC Non-Disclosure Form for MMI Candidates  which sets out your obligation to maintain the confidentiality of the interview process.»
so I think it may be difficult to find past applicants who will want to tell you about the process (but I don't know really maybe I am naive).

For the difference between French and English the description of the interview is the same in both language, now probably the people interviewing you cannot be all the same ones in both language but other than that I don't think there should be much difference?

Yes I've read the non- disclosure document but still hoping some applicants might have some interesting stuff to share with us.. I know some people in the past have shared some scenarios but i cannot find the thread, and if i remember it's an old thread so probably some changes came out. Finally am asking about Udem/Ulaval vs Mcgill interview, noboday says it's similar, and wondering what's mainly the difference

Archived