Premed 101 Forums

Family Med Rol Statistics

I have overheard from some of my classmates that 98% of family medicine applicants match to their top 3 ranks on their ROL? 

Does anybody know if there are statistics for this or overheard from program directors? 

*** Below are the ROL stats from all specialties. I am wondering if the family med one is shifted towards the left. 

post-70242-0-55228100-1486305657_thumb.png

I have overheard from some of my classmates that 98% of family medicine applicants match to their top 3 ranks on their ROL? 

Does anybody know if there are statistics for this or overheard from program directors? 

*** Below are the ROL stats from all specialties. I am wondering if the family med one is shifted towards the left. 

The overall match rate for FM applicants who apply to FM first and foremost has been below 97% for the last three years, so saying 98% of FM applicants match to their top 3 is pretty clearly false.

However, of those who match to FM, I'd imagine most will be pretty high up on their ROL. As that figure shows, most people in all specialties will match into their top 3 and I imagine the rate is even higher if you look at FM specifically. I'm afraid I don't know of any statistics to put a number to that claim though

Hello guys... Would you any of you know if it is easy to find jobs in GTA area or within driving distance (1 hour) around Toronto, if one does family residency in other Ontario schools (Ottawa, Western, McMaster, Queen)?

I would prefer to work in GTA area or nearby later, but Toronto FM is competitive, so no guarantee! if I could always get a job as a New FM grad in the surrounding area of Toronto, it would be nice! :)  I have family geographical limitations, and my significant other prefers to stay in Toronto.

Thank you so much guys for your feedback :P

Hello guys... Would you any of you know if it is easy to find jobs in GTA area or within driving distance (1 hour) around Toronto, if one does family residency in other Ontario schools (Ottawa, Western, McMaster, Queen)?

I would prefer to work in GTA area or nearby later, but Toronto FM is competitive, so no guarantee! if I could always get a job as a New FM grad in the surrounding area of Toronto, it would be nice! :)  I have family geographical limitations, and my significant other prefers to stay in Toronto.

Thank you so much guys for your feedback :P

ok obviously not a FM resident but a ton of people I know did their family medicine residency somewhere other than TO and then went to work there. 

Archived