Premed 101 Forums

Interview Type And Chances

Hi all, 

I'm not very well versed in Ontario INTW types as I am OOP but if I recall correctly the Western interview is a panel interview, correct? 

Are there any resources out there, either put out by Western, or by successful applicants that would help interviewees familiarize themselves with the process? 

Additionally, do we have any idea what the post-interview evaluation is like, or what the chances look like for OOPs? 

I read for the breakdown that it was something along the lines of INTW+GPA+MCAT. How big of a weight would be placed on MCAT? Everyone invited has a strong MCAT, so I am assuming the scores would be very homogenous...

Oh - also, anyone can LMK what kind of dress code there is at the interview for Western?  

Thx!

Interview makes up a heavy majority of your score, do well on it and you will have a good chance of acceptance. Take a look at their posted stats for the incoming class for an idea of chances.

Would you mind posting their posted stats? I wasn't able to find them on their website.

Would you mind posting their posted stats? I wasn't able to find them on their website.

I might be mistaken, I can't seem to find them either even though I remember viewing a document last year. Either way, treat your interview like it's worth 100% and you'll be fine. At this point it's the only portion of your application that you have any control over changing anyways.

I might be mistaken, I can't seem to find them either even though I remember viewing a document last year. Either way, treat your interview like it's worth 100% and you'll be fine. At this point it's the only portion of your application that you have any control over changing anyways.

I'm not sure this exists. Anyways, don't worry much about things that you can't control. Focus on things that you CAN control: preparing for the interview. As YorkMD said, think of it being worth 100%. They wouldn't waste time interviewing people that wouldn't have a good chance of being accepted (as Rmorlean likes to say)

Archived