Premed 101 Forums

Mmi Scoring

This may have been asked before, however I couldn't find it, but are you being directly compared to other individuals in your track during the MMI or is there objectivity to make it more uniform across tracks? I'm just worried that I may be in a highly competitive track and worried that they will be a lot "tougher" when rating us on the scale provided.

I know nothing about this medical school, but don't become your own worst enemy by unnecessdarily worrying. I cannot envision that you are being compared to individuals in your track, be they highly competitive or otherwise. Back in the day, I went into the MMI to have fun. I was my ethical, communicative, quick thinking, problem solving self, I wnet to each station carrying no baggae from the previous station, I did my best and the chips fell as they did. I did not have any worries when I went to the MMI, in fact, my preparation if you can call it that was minimal as I considered that my life experiences had been my preparation. I went in with a positive attitude with the viewpoint that it was going to be a fun experience. I messed up badly on 2 stations, realized at the time I had messed up on one but not the other, and I still got in. Good luck!

Hey! You're compared to your track , I think. It would make sense though. Your interviewers only see your one track.

That's the same logic people have with mcat. Perhaps the people writing that day are very prepared. Some are less prepared. It might be variable, but it's pretty objective. Even when you're in practice, you are compared to a standard of care that is based on yours peers as well.

Archived