Premed 101 Forums

Gpa Calc For Multiple Undergraduate Degrees

This question is obviously too late for this cycle but perhaps it's useful for people applying next cycle:

Does the GPA calculation for U of T take into account all the courses from ALL your undergrad degrees or just the most current? Also, if you completed full course load for 1 degree and not full course for another, can you get wGPA for one of the degrees and not the other or would they just completely not do wGPA?

Thanks =)

It definitely is your cGPA, but for every full-time year, they taking off one 1 full credit or 2 half credits. So me having 6 years of undergrad over 2 degrees, I drop 12 half credits (or 12 lowest grade classes). Definitely asked about this last year.

So if 2nd ug is full time but the 1st undergrad was not full time every year, then the WGPA will not apply to the 2nd ug degree?

So if 2nd ug is full time but the 1st undergrad was not full time every year, then the WGPA will not apply to the 2nd ug degree?

From what I understand, correct. It isn't like McGill where your degrees are separated, it's all your UG years accumulated. As per their site "If you have completed every year of your undergraduate studies on a full-time basis with a full-course load". so as one can see, degrees are not separated, it's your UG years.

Although, apparently certain special circumstances can allow it "If you are not eligible for wGPA but wish to have special consideration for it to be applied due to unusual circumstances, you should submit your request, supported by reasons, using the Academic Explanations Essay as part of your OMSAS application. All requests for special consideration will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee and are assessed on a case-by-case basis, and may be subject to verification.  No decision will be released"

From what I understand, correct. It isn't like McGill where your degrees are separated, it's all your UG years accumulated. As per their site "If you have completed every year of your undergraduate studies on a full-time basis with a full-course load". so as one can see, degrees are not separated, it's your UG years.

Although, apparently certain special circumstances can allow it "If you are not eligible for wGPA but wish to have special consideration for it to be applied due to unusual circumstances, you should submit your request, supported by reasons, using the Academic Explanations Essay as part of your OMSAS application. All requests for special consideration will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee and are assessed on a case-by-case basis, and may be subject to verification.  No decision will be released"

that is right - it is one of those things that is really annoying about TO's policy. You go less than 5.0 credits in any year and suddenly wGPA doesn't apply to any year. It is one of the major reasons that I want to educate premeds of the rules as soon as possible so they can avoid that trap. 

Thank you for the info!!

Archived