Premed 101 Forums

Orpas Verification

I have a situation. This is my second time applying. Last year the courses (5 courses) that were included in my GPA were not included this year, which significantly lowers my GPA. Has anybody else encountered issues with GPA calculation?

These 5 courses were upper division college courses. If ORPAS included them last year, shouldn't these courses be included this year aswell?

I've encountered issues as well... my overall GPA is much lower than the overall GPA on my schools transcript... I'm confused. And they included a course that I received a C in but had exempt from my transcript and got a better grade for an equivalent course which lowers my sub GPA as well... I'm going to email tomorrow about it I guess. Pretty disappointing seeing that

Do you know if ORPAS keeps record of past year's GPA calculation? I hope they honor the way my courses were calculated last year. Otherwise I would be at a huge disadvantage. I'm trying to think positively and not freak out.

I hope ORPAS got back to you and fixed the problem by now, because they didn't have any policy changes especially regarding to GPA calculation so everything should stay the same. They do erase their data and 'reset' their system every August. Best of luck.

Archived