Premed 101 Forums

Mccqe Part 1 Study Study

Hi there

I apologize if this thread is repetitive, but I'm wondering if anyone has a good schedule they made for studying the lmcc part 1 that they won't mind sharing, also what resources are recommended? I have read so many conflicting threads about buying SAE exams or not? or using just canadian q bank vs usmle? and using just toronto notes or supplementing with step 2 CK, case files or other book. Would really appreciate people's thoughts on this!

Thank you so much

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

I wrote the MCCQE I in 2016, so take my advice with a grain of salt as things may have changed.

For our exam, all major areas (IM, surg, obgyn, psych, community health, peds?) were each only 1/6 of the exam so I studied the smallest sections in Toronto Notes first lightly a week or so before the exam. I don't think I read any significant amount of IM or surgery before the exam. I did the self assessment exams on the LMCC website as well as a bit of UWorld. Ended up scoring above average. Some of my friends did get Canada Qbank but it seemed like a sketchy resource - wasn't sure I couldn't trust the info in there as it looked a bit sketchy.

35 minutes ago, iostream said:

I wrote the MCCQE I in 2016, so take my advice with a grain of salt as things may have changed.

For our exam, all major areas (IM, surg, obgyn, psych, community health, peds?) were each only 1/6 of the exam so I studied the smallest sections in Toronto Notes first lightly a week or so before the exam. I don't think I read any significant amount of IM or surgery before the exam. I did the self assessment exams on the LMCC website as well as a bit of UWorld. Ended up scoring above average. Some of my friends did get Canada Qbank but it seemed like a sketchy resource - wasn't sure I couldn't trust the info in there as it looked a bit sketchy.

Which UWorld did you do? Which USMLE test bank?

Archived