Premed 101 Forums

Interview Support

brady23

Hey guys,

I have my first interview ever on Wednesday, and I am really, really nervous. If anyone else is in the same boat, please feel free to post! 

Just thought it would be nice if we made a moral support thread for one another and calm down our nerves before the big day!  :)

Any time you do something for the first time that you never did before, it is normal to be nervous. The butterflies disappear once you begin to speak. However, play psychological games with yourself to control this nervousness as you want to be the best whom you are tomorrow. I wish you success! 

Good luck! You gots this :) My first one is two Sundays away (March 5).

I procrastinated so much yesterday by watching all the past interview vids from the previous years (the protagonist from Schulich's 2013 vid absolutely nailed it omg). Overall I think I'm a mix of excited + nervous  :)

Take a few minutes every day to imagine yourself performing well. Also imagine yourself reacting well to the various surprises and challenges you might come across during the interview. Imagine yourself feeling good after the interview, despite it being very difficult.

I wish you the best of luck, but truly, you've got this. Just show up and let all your preparation speak for itself. You're going to nail it.

Archived