Premed 101 Forums

Bio - I think it went well. I know I for sure got one question wrong - the phosphodiesterase question. I thought about it during my break and I'm pretty sure the answer was cAMP

Chem - no surprises there

PAT - keyole, cube counting were easy. some of the pattern folding ones questions took awhile to solve, angles and keyholes were a little difficult for me (they're my weakest).

RC - my worst section, i guessed on a bunch

Bio - I think it went well. I know I for sure got one question wrong - the phosphodiesterase question. I thought about it during my break and I'm pretty sure the answer was cAMP

Chem - no surprises there

PAT - keyole, cube counting were easy. some of the pattern folding ones questions took awhile to solve, angles and keyholes were a little difficult for me (they're my weakest).

RC - my worst section, i guessed on a bunch

Same here! Yeap that was cAMP. 

I found keyholes and angles pretty difficult too (especially keyholes).

RC, I guessed so many questions oh my...

Carving - quite a hard pattern. Hands were really shaky, but I think I ended up doing okay. I checked all my measurements and they were good. Hopefully that brings up my score for UofA.

Bio/Chem - Chem was pretty easy, as long as you remembered how to do half lives (to those who didn't study half lives, I'm sorry). Bio had a few tricky questions, but overall not too bad.

PAT - found keyholes to be very tough, even though initially the object they give you isn't that bad. It's just that the answer choices were all so close. TFE was okay, angles I basically half guesses cause I didn't have time due to keyholes, and it's my worst section anyway. Pattern folding, cube counting, and hole punching were easy, esp. compared to bootcamp. 

RCT - found myself very stretched for time. The first passage and third passage were all pretty tough, ended up guessing on a bunch. 

Bio: found it easier then Nov but still some tricky questions

Chem: very straight forward

PAT: harder then Nov for sure, went mediocre

RC: found this surprisingly hard and did not think it went well. was very short on time compared to Nov.

I wrote the 2015 DAT. Just wanted to point out that there seems to be a trend that the PAT portion is getting increasingly difficulty. Keep that in mind, anyone who writes in the future.

Congrats to everyone who wrote today. Relax and enjoy that weight being off your shoulders!

More like, weight being off my shoulder to the future me in November

Bio - seemed OK

Chem - went much better than Nov 2016. I had time to review at the end and changed some answers.

PAT - wasn't confident about keyholes and angles esp. I did better on the last DAT.

RC - first and third passages took the most time and I had to guess a lot for the last one due to lack of time.

The only reason I rewrote was due to my previous chem score so I think I'm finally satisfied (although we'll see in about 2 months)!

Bio: Felt better this time around. Guessed on some that I just didn't know.

Chem: I think it went alright too.

PAT: Just went in order so I started with keyholes, and keyholes and angles are my worst. Practiced angles a lot with Bootcamp though and got better at it. I didn't get the chance to practice keyholes as much but hopefully it went alright. I don't know if I did better for PAT on this DAT.. felt about the same as Nov DAT.

RCT: Yeah the first one was long. Forgot that I didn't want to do search/destroy but that's what I did for the first one. At ~30 min to go, I had just finished the questions for the first passage. The next two went by quick. After doing some practice RC tests with Bootcamp, I felt that skimming through the passage and then answering questions worked best for me, so I reminded myself to skim for the last two. I did search/destroy for Nov DAT and scored low on RCT, but I hope I'll score a bit higher on this one.

We'll see how it goes!

I agree with everyone,

Bio and chem there was no surprise, theres always one or two you narrow down to two and have to guess. For the Nov 2016 DAT I got 21 for bio and 19 for chem, and chem is the main reason why i retook it.. 

I found PAT a bit harder then the 2016 Nov, but it was doable! Got a 22 for Nov but I did a lot of practice questions, didnt do as much this time around, but we'll see :)

RC, the first reading was good, but finished in 18mins, then the second reading was okay, and idek what the last reading was about haha! Had to guess like the last 3 questions and tried my best with searching for the answers, which i expected was going to happen anyways. Rc I go a 20 last time

I agree with everyone,

Bio and chem there was no surprise, theres always one or two you narrow down to two and have to guess. For the Nov 2016 DAT I got 21 for bio and 19 for chem, and chem is the main reason why i retook it..

I found PAT a bit harder then the 2016 Nov, but it was doable! Got a 22 for Nov but I did a lot of practice questions, didnt do as much this time around, but we'll see :)

RC, the first reading was good, but finished in 18mins, then the second reading was okay, and idek what the last reading was about haha! Had to guess like the last 3 questions and tried my best with searching for the answers, which i expected was going to happen anyways. Rc I go a 20 last time

Your previous DAT mark was pretty good!!

I know it depends on how everyone else did, but if you got approx 3 wrong for bio, what score/score range would you expect to get? And the same for chem?

23~24 ish? That's my guess based on the algorithm system used in bootcamp. Anybody who has previously written the DAT want to throw in their 2-cent?

Just estimating, but when I got 24 on bio I thought i got around 2-4 wrong. When I got 27, fairly sure I got 1 wrong.

Archived