Premed 101 Forums

Admission Decisions 2017

snazij

Does anyone know what date McGill will send out admission decisions? Last year my interview was on February 15th and the decisions went out on March 21st. Given that the interviews start much later this year, I imagine the decisions won't come out until the end of April. Has anyone heard a specific date? 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Admissions page says that the target date for offers is "week of April 17", are offers usually given out in one day? Or throughout that week? 

Offers are made in one day. Seeing that Pre-med and NTP interview from April 19th-21st 2017, I would assume that offers for those who interviewed in March 2017 will be made at the latest April 18th, and possibly the week of April 10th in order to give adcom ample space to set up the upcoming MMIs. 

Offers are made in one day. Seeing that Pre-med and NTP interview from April 19th-21st 2017, I would assume that offers for those who interviewed in March 2017 will be made at the latest April 18th, and possibly the week of April 10th in order to give adcom ample space to set up the upcoming MMIs. 

During the interview day, one of the 2nd years had mentionned that she got her acceptance a few days earlier than the date that everyone got their answers..?

Considering April 17th is easter, it will definitely be at least the 18th. unless they somehow manage to finalize the decisions the week before that (which would be lovely of course). Has that ever happened? Not sure with the schedule of Med-P interviews in comparison to previous years how close or far the decisions are. can anyone comment?

Considering April 17th is easter, it will definitely be at least the 18th. unless they somehow manage to finalize the decisions the week before that (which would be lovely of course). Has that ever happened? Not sure with the schedule of Med-P interviews in comparison to previous years how close or far the decisions are. can anyone comment?

Last year they told us "week of March 21st" and they told us the day of March 21st. April 17th is Easter Monday, but most places in Quebec are open that day, so I would assume it still remains a possible day for sending out the results. 

Last year, University category applicants got interview results on March 21st 2016, and Med-p and NTPs interviewed 1st week of May and got results on May 12th/13th 2016 (they said results will be released on the 12th but I think some, if not all, heard back on the 13th).

Also, I asked the facilitator on my interview day if we could hear back earlier than scheduled and she said that was possible, but that I shouldn't count on it.

Last year, University category applicants got interview results on March 21st 2016, and Med-p and NTPs interviewed 1st week of May and got results on May 12th/13th 2016 (they said results will be released on the 12th but I think some, if not all, heard back on the 13th).

Also, I asked the facilitator on my interview day if we could hear back earlier than scheduled and she said that was possible, but that I shouldn't count on it.

truly nothing can stop you man

• 2 weeks later...

April 14th is Good Friday, April 17 is Easter Monday... I guess chances that the results will be released after Easter Monday is more likely then? 

Ugh praying with all my heart that decisions can be released before Good Friday  :(  :(

They said it would me on the week of the 17th, so the chances are meager

Anyone know the time approx? Morning or afternoon?

Two years ago, offers of admission started being sent out before noon, with refusals later in the afternoon. Last year I seem to remember no one on PM101 had received anything until after 12pm - my Minerva updated around 4pm. Try not to overthink the timing, and don't get worried if you don't hear anything until later in the day. It ain't over 'til it's over ;) 

Archived