Premed 101 Forums

Hi,

I am currently a first year student and I am interested in going to PA school in the future. I am currently taking an English class and we have an upcoming paper due where we are required interview a person who is currently in the profession we intend to explore. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in being interviewed about the PA profession for my essay. The interview will be a set list of questions regarding the career of a physician assistant. This interview can take place through e-mail or just through this forum. Listed below I have included the questions:

1. what do you enjoy the most about being a physician assistant?
2. What do you dislike about being a PA?
3. what do you and the doctors talk about while working?
4. what can you and cannot you do as a physician assistant? Do you feel that there are any barriers between youand a physician or any other health professionals in the workplace? Do you feel there is a good amount of autonomy as a PA, compared to nurse practitioners? 
5. What are some common vocabulary terms used as a PA? 

Thanks.

Hi ankau,

If you look in the 2017 application threads (UofT, Manitoba and McMaster) I believe some PA's have offered to answer any questions so you can find them that way. 

Or you can post your question to this Facebook page where many PA students and graduates are willing to answer questions. https://www.facebook.com/groups/canadaprepa/?ref=bookmarks

I've also secured a one-on-one interview with experiences PA's in my area before by contacting the national organization CAPA (https://capa-acam.ca/) and they directed my question to their local chapter heads. I also looked at the hospital websites in my area and sometimes they list employee directory or employee profiles and you can simply type 'physician assistant' and their name and email contact will show up.

Archived