Premed 101 Forums

Ottawa Interview Discussion/countdown To May 9 2017

To start it off, I had an a colder panel who seemed disinterested in my own endeavours/achievements; however, it was rather refreshing to be pushed and challenged as opposed to simply spewing my take on various ABS items. By the end it was very conversational and I felt as though the interviewers had some degree of interest in me. Fingers crossed!!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Find it so strange how spread out these interviews are, mine isnt until the end of the month

It is strange... mine was held during the winter reading break in February; however, I know plenty of people who have their's early-mid March, and a few who have their's right before April! I don't think it means a thing tbh.

It is strange... mine was held during the winter reading break in February; however, I know plenty of people who have their's early-mid March, and a few who have their's right before April! I don't think it means a thing tbh.

Yea exactly. As glad as I am because that means less waiting time, I also at the same time just want to get this over with :P. Glad yours went well and that you kept composure even though they were cold! 

Yea exactly. As glad as I am because that means less waiting time, I also at the same time just want to get this over with :P. Glad yours went well and that you kept composure even though they were cold! 

Ha, I can imagine! Thank you; hopefully your's goes nicely as well!!  :)

EDIT: HappyAndHopeful, glad to hear your's was a good experience!

I know of people who felt gutted after the interview, and talking to them afterwards they swore in frustration about how harsh their panel was and about how poorly they thought they did -- and they were accepted, first round. Remember, an interviewer can smile and nod the whole time and rank you poorly, whilst another interviewer can be stone-faced and/or challenge you, and give you top marks. Did your best, leave it at that :) I am sure you did excellent anbessa, as with the rest of you! Wish the rest of us luck who are interviewing tm and in the weeks to come!

I know of people who felt gutted after the interview, and talking to them afterwards they swore in frustration about how harsh their panel was and about how poorly they thought they did -- and they were accepted, first round. Remember, an interviewer can smile and nod the whole time and rank you poorly, whilst another interviewer can be stone-faced and/or challenge you, and give you top marks. Did your best, leave it at that :) I am sure you did excellent anbessa, as with the rest of you! Wish the rest of us luck who are interviewing tm and in the weeks to come!

Much appreciated! I wish you the best of luck in your upcoming interview(s); with this level of insight, I'm confident you'll do wonderfully!!

I know of people who felt gutted after the interview, and talking to them afterwards they swore in frustration about how harsh their panel was and about how poorly they thought they did -- and they were accepted, first round. Remember, an interviewer can smile and nod the whole time and rank you poorly, whilst another interviewer can be stone-faced and/or challenge you, and give you top marks. Did your best, leave it at that :) I am sure you did excellent anbessa, as with the rest of you! Wish the rest of us luck who are interviewing tm and in the weeks to come!

Yes, you never really know. I've heard of people having all types of experiences and getting in.

Good luck!! MDHopefulyMe, good luck to you too! Im sure you will both do great. :)

I got so thrown off by how cold and unresponsive the panel was. It was just awful, it stressed me out so much that I gave answers much more poorly than in most other interviews across my life. I know the fact that they were stone-faced doesn't mean anything for my marking, but I realized in the interview how much I rely on the give-and-take of regular conversational interview and just feeling 0 response from them was something I couldn't handle in that moment. Honestly feeling so frustrated with myself right now.

• 3 weeks later...

Damn that interview went a lot smoother than I anticipated, I thought panel was going to be rather daunting and I was anticipating a really cold panel, but overall they were super friendly and receptive. I really liked all of my interviewers, if only the interview was longer.... I felt like we could have kept going the conversation was so friendly.

I really enjoyed this experience, damn my perspective about Ottawa really changed now

For those that checked bilingual in their application, did you receive a question in French?

I've spoken to friends of mine who are also bilingual and not all of us received a question in french, which makes me think that either a) the fact that an applicant is bilingual is not that important unless used for a tie-breaker of some sort, b] the panel believed it wasn't important due to already flagging that applicant, or c) there's only a limited amount of time in the interview and it's just not possible to go through everything. 

Archived