Premed 101 Forums

Time Needed To Study For Mccqe

How much time do you think an average medical student needs to study for the part 1 MCCQE? I've heard everywhere from days to 6 weeks. Are we talking about 6 weeks of 8 hour days of studying (like for the MCAT)?

We're also just about done clinical rotations and I've been cruising for awhile so am not sure where I stand. 

I did light reading here and there for 2 weeks followed by daily (full-days) for 2 weeks. I think it was more than enough, maybe even over-kill. I also wrote the MCCQE on the first day that you could write it. Better to get it done and out of the way. I didn't understand my friends who wanted to study an extra 2 weeks. The exam, as you will see, is very ambiguous, like the questions are poorly worded. It's nothing like the USMLE. Basically, more studying isn't going to help. 

How much time do you think an average medical student needs to study for the part 1 MCCQE? I've heard everywhere from days to 6 weeks. Are we talking about 6 weeks of 8 hour days of studying (like for the MCAT)?

We're also just about done clinical rotations and I've been cruising for awhile so am not sure where I stand. 

Two weeks of dedicated studying, or 4-6 weeks if you want more of a slow burn. That's usually sufficient.

Hello, 

those who used UWorld, I'd like to know which banks you bought as there is none dedicated to the preparation of our MCCQE part 1 

thanks a lot 

CanadaQBank has a qe1 specific question bank. It's not bad. UWorld is a good option too, but it's tailored more for the usmle.

Why? I just started with it and it seems fine. Detailed explanations for each question/topic and decent interface. 

It's not reflective of what the actual MCCQE is like. I agree with the previous poster that Canada Q-Bank is garbage. When I was studying for the MCCQE, I actually had purchased a subscription to both U-World and Q-Bank and found that Q-Bank was the biggest waste of money ever. There interface was also terrible. I used U-World almost exclusively.

• 4 weeks later...

It's not reflective of what the actual MCCQE is like. I agree with the previous poster that Canada Q-Bank is garbage. When I was studying for the MCCQE, I actually had purchased a subscription to both U-World and Q-Bank and found that Q-Bank was the biggest waste of money ever. There interface was also terrible. I used U-World almost exclusively.

Agree. Also INCORRECT answers and explanations sometimes which is unacceptable

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I have been graduated from medical school 6 years ago 

and i am planing to write MCCEEQ1 and 2 this year 

I have couple of questions if you could help me please:

Q1:

I am planning to write MCCEEQ part 1 May 2020, or July 2020

If I wrote it in either of these above dates. would I be able to do MCCEEQ part 2 in Oct2020. Or the application for part 2 will be already closed by the time I received the results of part 1 ( 6 weeks from the last day of exam’s session) which will be approximately  June 26th or sept 6th

Q2: how much time do u think is sufficient to prepare for each part to be bale to pass?

Q3: what are the best resources to pass the exams and if there is any helpful courses ?