Premed 101 Forums

What To Bring To Interview?

What is the etiquette for what I'm allowed to bring and whatnot? I looked at the link https://sites.google.com/a/ualberta.ca/u-of-a-faculty-of-medicine-dentistry-interview-information/?pli=1 and still not too sure about it.

Q4. What should I bring to the interview?
A4. Official government-issued photo ID is required (driver’s license or passport). Water bottles, pencils, and paper are not necessary as they will be supplied in the interview areas.

Q7. What should I wear?
A7. It is best to wear business attire. Low necklines and short skirts are both considered inappropriate. Please note that you will need to walk quickly from one interview room to the next; keep this in mind when you choose your footwear.

I'm wanting to bring my laptop, a change of clothes into street-clothes, and an extra suit just in case anything happens to mine(yay slush). In that case, I may bring my normal, run-down backpack to stuff all of that in.

Anyone have some insight into this? What else should I bring? What should I bring? I'm thinking of wearing a full suit like my high-school grad, although the pants are kinda uncomfortable, unfortunately. I'm also thinking of wearing those black dress shoes, but it'll be my first time wearing them outside. Should I worry too much about this? They mentioned speed and footwear, so I'm just a little anxious that I'll slip or fall or something. Or are they more referring to like 3-inch high heels for women?

Thanks guys. Hope we do well in the interview.

Yea just bring proper ID. You're welcome to bring the other things, and most people wear suits to the interview (I don't think dress shoes are ever comfortable, but everyone wears those). If you're concerned about getting your suit dirty during the walk to the interview, you can always change when you arrive to UofA hospital.

Suit and dress shoes works perfectly. If you have more than one, make sure you pick the one that fits you the absolute best. People notice poorly tailored suits, poorly hemmed pants and poorly matching shoes.

If you're paranoid about getting your clothes dirty,by all means wear them when you get to Bernard Snell Hall, but ideally you should be fine. Perhaps if you're taking public transit and walking around from far I'd be more concerned.

Best of luck!!

That should be fine. Just don't bring any valuables that are not really necessary. Although there will likely be someone watching over coats and bags, they can never promise anything. I personally left my phone at home the day I went to the Calgary interview, and had my wallet in an inner pocket of the suit. It wasn't bulky enough to appear through the clothing. I just gave my car keys to one of the student leaders for the day!

Archived