Premed 101 Forums

How Much Does An Upward Gpa Trend Help? (Us Application)

If I have the following GPA:

Year 1 = 2.5

Year 2 = 3.0

Year 3 = 4.0

Year 4 = 4.0

Year 5 = 4.0

My cGPA is 3.5, but how much would the trend help? Is applying to US schools with average cGPA's of 3.7 reasonable? I believe that's the average of international students applying to the US (please correct me If I'm mistaken) -- would the upward trend compensate for this?applying to US schools

Thanks a lot for your help!

Year 1 = 2.5

Year 2 = 3.0

Year 3 = 4.0

Year 4 = 4.0

Year 5 = 4.0

My cGPA is 3.5, but how much would the trend help? Is applying to US schools with average cGPA's of 3.7 reasonable? I believe that's the average of international students applying to the US (please correct me If I'm mistaken) -- would the upward trend compensate for this?applying to US schools

Pair it with strong ECs and a killer MCAT and you have a shot.

Assuming full-load.

Year 1 = 2.5

Year 2 = 3.0

Year 3 = 4.0

Year 4 = 4.0

Year 5 = 4.0

Would you consider uOttawa? You would have a 4.0 GPA according to their calculations.

Does anyone have the stats for each med school in terms of previous years' accepted averages for MCAT or GPA - or know where I can get this information? Or do I need to contact the individual schools?

Get the MSAR, it costs a little bit of money but has percentiles and all sorts of useful info

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
On 5/2/2017 at 2:52 PM, Pippa756 said:

Yeh SDN is really helpful - although be careful to double check the information yourself. Sometimes some of the online "experts" are not quite what they think they are - lol

I don't know - have found SDN pretty helpful with all things US but thanks for the warning. lol

Archived