Premed 101 Forums

How Did Your U Of A Interview Go?

Felt more personal than UofC (interestingly enough). Did better because self-assessed after Calgary and learned lots from it. Had more opportunities to related to personal experience.

Their facilities are really great! Got much more sold on it than I was pre-interview for sure. Did you interview? How did you feel?

Felt more personal than UofC (interestingly enough). Did better because self-assessed after Calgary and learned lots from it. Had more opportunities to related to personal experience.

Their facilities are really great! Got much more sold on it than I was pre-interview for sure. Did you interview? How did you feel?

I felt I was able to share my personal experiences more at U of A as well. 

I liked the stations and MMI prompts, allowed me to relate well to my life experiences. Some of the stations though I felt like I dropped the ball, like actually answering the question or getting to the prompt questions, spent too long talking about stuff. Funnily enough, it was the more "traditional" stations where I felt I did the worst, while I felt like I did well in the acting/non-traditional ones.

After watching the videos and tour and everything, now I REALLY want to get in.

Also, how tightly do they hold the confidentiality agreement? I can't imagine it NOT leaking out, especially with how interesting how some the questions were this year.

You signed for a reason. If you think that MMI topics will leak, don't be the one to leak them or spread them.

It's so easy to start analysing everything you said, you know? I would just sit back now and let them do their job. It's over! No we wait impatiently.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone know if they send out an e-mail sometime before offers are sent telling us the specific date it will all begin? Or does it just come as a surprise sometime in the first two weeks of May? It just seems easier when we know exactly when to expect things! Even though there is really no sense in speculating, I'm wondering if we should expect to hear in early May like they did last year (May 5th).

Anyone know if they send out an e-mail sometime before offers are sent telling us the specific date it will all begin? Or does it just come as a surprise sometime in the first two weeks of May? It just seems easier when we know exactly when to expect things! Even though there is really no sense in speculating, I'm wondering if we should expect to hear in early May like they did last year (May 5th).

No sense speculating IMO. Last year the expectation was May 13th, it came out May 5th. Just sit back and wait for the day, it's getting close! 

Edit: Also, if I remember correctly they did not send out an email before the offer email last year.  

Archived