Premed 101 Forums

Post Interview Discussion

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone know why some of us have unspecified campus?

Maybe they can't give you your top choice right now but if someone declines their offer of admission then they can offer you your preferred campus choice?

Maybe they can't give you your top choice right now but if someone declines their offer of admission then they can offer you your preferred campus choice?

exactly - they suspect they will be able to give you the campus of choice eventually but they cannot 100% guarantee it now. You have to wait for the waitlist movement to be finalize things. 

Most likely you asked for London and in the end you will get it. There is a small chance you will actually get at least in theory Windsor. 

Friends, it's been as much of a pleasure as it could have been to go through the wait with you guys. I'm on the normal waitlist, I felt very well about my interview but I suspected my GPA and MCAT were not that high. While it's not over and there might still be a chance it seems fairly low so I'm not holding my breath. Sauna and applicant111 I believe you guys got high WL'ed - I'm very happy for you both and I hope you get the school you ultimately want the most. Aray623, congratulations! Everyone else, whether it worked out or not this year, things will eventually work out, in medicine or in something else. 

Friends, it's been as much of a pleasure as it could have been to go through the wait with you guys. I'm on the normal waitlist, I felt very well about my interview but I suspected my GPA and MCAT were not that high. While it's not over and there might still be a chance it seems fairly low so I'm not holding my breath. Sauna and applicant111 I believe you guys got high WL'ed - I'm very happy for you both and I hope you get the school you ultimately want the most. Aray623, congratulations! Everyone else, whether it worked out or not this year, things will eventually work out, in medicine or in something else. 

I love your positive mindset. It was a pleasure to get to know you, and no matter what happens, I wish the best for you. 

I love your positive mindset. It was a pleasure to get to know you, and no matter what happens, I wish the best for you. 

The warriors blew a 3-1 lead so for all we know, he could be #1 on the normal wait list. I really hope that's the case  :)

That is always a possibility. We'll see how things move during the summer :) 

The warriors blew a 3-1 lead so for all we know, he could be #1 on the normal wait list. I really hope that's the case  :)

Haha I hope so! But just for my sanity I think it's better if I don't hope for that and start planning for next year. 

hope for the best, plan for the worst. Keep moving forward.

Exactly  :) I spent the last few days in drawn-shades, beard-growing isolation thinking that it would all be over today. This was a mistake. 

I'm going to give the waitlist the finger, forget about it and enjoy my summer / year off

Exactly  :) I spent the last few days in drawn-shades, beard-growing isolation thinking that it would all be over today. This was a mistake. 

I'm going to give the waitlist the finger, forget about it and enjoy my summer / year off

Me too, i must have jinxed myself with all the thinking "the wait is almost over!!!" jk Cookacola you forgot about waitlists being a thing

Stealing this from an earlier post: http://forums.premed101.com/index.php?/topic/90401-2016-waitlist-support-thread/

High
"In recent years, applicants in your position on the Wait List have received an offer of admission."

Normal
"Although you were not ranked to receive an offer at this time, it was recommended that your name be placed on our Wait List. Any offer that is not accepted will be filled by an individual from the Wait List."

Low
"Although you were not ranked to receive an offer at this time, it was recommended that your name be placed on our Wait List. In recent years, applicants in your position on the Wait List have not received an offer of admission. While there are no certainties, we wanted to communicate this information to you in an attempt to allow you to be as informed as possible in making decisions about your future."

Does anyone have any idea as to how much the waitlist moves and how many people are in the high/normal WLs?

this is all very, very rough of course - about 1/3 of the class is pulled off of the waitlist. The high waitlist is designed to clear. 

again all just some kind of guideline based on some history. 

Archived