Premed 101 Forums

Post Interview Discussion

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hahaha i swear my heart is beating so fast rn just talking about it. 

so the answer IS in the subject line? 

Apparently lol

I still remember sitting in class in January (front row) and just seeing a notification saying "Good News from Schu.." and I started having palpitations and yelled out "holy shit!" in the middle of lecture. 

Does anyone know the approximate time one has to wait if they get low/normal waitlisted? 

Depending on where you are on the waitlist, can be up until the end of August (happened in my year!) But most people will hear back by late June

Oh god the subject lines terrify me. I am not ready to have the result just pop out at me while I am refreshing like mad.

honestly the scariest part!!!!!! i absolutely hate picturing myself having to sit there and just see the subject line. yikessssss. I don't want to go through that moment on Tuesday..... lets just skip to knowing the answer and not dealing with the 15 minutes surrounding getting the answer

I'm actually looking forward to the subject line more-or-less telling me. With Dal's decision letter there was a generic subject line, an email saying "a decision has been made regarding your application", a link to click, a login and password to answer, THEN reading the actual decision letter. The anxiety levels increased with each step lol. 

Regarding what I'm doing today... probably a lot of cleaning haha. If the weather clears up I'm going to go outside and sand some furniture in preparation for stain and finish. If it doesn't, I'll either sew some stuff or knit some stuff....... I hate that I have today off work  :eek:

.... Can anyone else hear Effie Trinket's voice in their head??? "May the odds be ever in your favour!"

Ladies and gentlemen, it has been a privilege posting with you these past few weeks,

So I just wanna take the time to thank everyone that has contributed on this thread and wish all of you the absolute best of luck. No matter what the results are, we will eventually reach our goal.

Hey everyone,

Best wishes for tomorrow.

You've gone through lots of hard work, stress, and difficulty to get this far; you've already proven yourselves to be bright and talented people.

Medicine. It takes a while to get in--often more than one try. And once you get through the door, it's just a longer road after that. But a worthwhile one.

Take care.

I'm being superstitious af by thinking about the manner in which you check the e-mail affects the result.. why am I so stupid? The decision was made weeks ago. Intellectually I know this, yet I can't help myself from having these dumb thoughts. 

I'm trying to decide WHERE to check, what to wear when I check, trying to replicate what I did the morning we got our interview invites.. lmao. Meanwhile I asked my friend what he thinks of my craziness/how he plans on checking and he's just like "I'm gonna open my phone when I wake up lol"

I need to chill and I can't.. so I'm just gonna pop 10 mg of melatonin, turn my room pitch black, and hope for the best. 

why am I so stupid? ... yet I can't help myself from having these dumb thoughts. 

I need to chill and I can't.. so I'm just gonna pop 10 mg of melatonin, turn my room pitch black, and hope for the best. 

It's because you're human... I feel like we're all thinking the same thing. I know I feel rather nauseated at the thought of even going to sleep.

I did get to play with a 6-week old kitten tonight so that did help to settle my fragile nerves for a few hours haha! Not quite an armful of puppies but I take what I can lol.

Deep breaths :)

The last few days, especially the last few hours, have been immensely stressful, but this forum has helped me keep my sanity.I didn't have many people I could share my feelings with without making them hate me for being so annoying. This forum just let me get things off my chest, laugh, and not be so miserable in general.

I hope to see all of you next year. (Hopefully in med school not premed101 :D)

The last few days, especially the last few hours, have been immensely stressful, but this forum has helped me keep my sanity.I didn't have many people I could share my feelings with without making them hate me for being so annoying. This forum just let me get things off my chest, laugh, and not be so miserable in general.

I hope to see all of you next year. (Hopefully in med school not premed101 :D)

It's a bit therapeutic coming here. I feel.. not alone  :)

Honestly y'all I would suggest writing a few letters based on potential outcomes. It was cathartic. I mean, I'm sure reading my rejection letter to myself won't make me feel that much better about a negative result, but they'll be nice mementos to return to in the future

Archived