Premed 101 Forums

Post Interview Discussion

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It feels like it's been 2 years since my interview, not 2 weeks. I can't even remember what I said in my interviews anymore. Being waitlisted would destroy my brain.

Ill be happy with a good wait list offer ,I'll go to windsor! Someone over there plleeaasseelord just throw me a bone. Monotonus retail is making my brain mush

Just to clarify, if we are WL'ed we get told what our chances are in the form of "good WL/WL/bad WL"? Is that how it's phrased? Is the interpretation clear or is this how ppl from pm101 come to interpret it?

Apparently, the wording makes it clear. It will say something like applicants in your position have/have not (in previous years) received an offer of admission. For normal waitlist there is no mention of your chances. I'm paraphrasing what I heard from my friend who got in last year.

I too have post-interview amnesia :confused:  

Every once in a while someone will still ask me “omg how was it” and I've pretty much developed a default answering machine-like response basically saying idk. I thought I would be so relieved to finish but every time an encounter like this happens I start freaking out on the inside and feeling like I'm about to explode  :(

I too have post-interview amnesia :confused:  

Every once in a while someone will still ask me “omg how was it” and I've pretty much developed a default answering machine-like response basically saying idk. I thought I would be so relieved to finish but every time an encounter like this happens I start freaking out on the inside and feeling like I'm about to explode  :(

ha - forgetting more of the interest is totally normal. I think I can only remember 2 questions I was asked for my Western interview. 

You think? I do wonder when they actually have their rankings/list compiled and if that's quite a while earlier than the admissions offer date.

they have the mcat and gpa well in advance, and the primary scoring would be done at all schools on the interview the day of. I am sure there is a ton of verification and cross checking but they certainly don't need anywhere near the time they have. Still they have to play to the worst case scenario for the school that takes the most time. 

like CARMS later on really things are available extremely quickly internally I am sure. 

they have the mcat and gpa well in advance, and the primary scoring would be done at all schools on the interview the day of. I am sure there is a ton of verification and cross checking but they certainly don't need anywhere near the time they have. Still they have to play to the worst case scenario for the school that takes the most time. 

like CARMS later on really things are available extremely quickly internally I am sure. 

It's just plain painful I tell ya! Advocate for us poor applicants rmorelan!

Honestly, I’ve been going through these phases for the past 4-5 weeks too, to the point where I’m able to recognize what phase I’m currently in. Like one day I feel great then the next I'm researching options for the gap year that I’ll take when I don't get in, but I’m also like “dw this phase will be over in a few days” to myself lmao.

Honestly, I’ve been going through these phases for the past 4-5 weeks too, to the point where I’m able to recognize what phase I’m currently in. Like one day I feel great then the next I'm researching options for the gap year that I’ll take when I don't get in, but I’m also like “dw this phase will be over in a few days” to myself lmao.

Hey Sauna, which school are you leaning towards if you get multiple acceptances?

It's just plain painful I tell ya! Advocate for us poor applicants rmorelan!

to be honest ultimately like to see if moved forward a bit - to say at least mid April. That way you can actually plan out your summer and make reasonable plans for the following year. Mid May is too late for a great deal of things. 

Hey Sauna, which school are you leaning towards if you get multiple acceptances?

Schulich and Queen’s are both pretty lit tbh, so I’m hoping I don’t have to choose (I doubt I'll even get multiple acceptances) - but if I did:

- I prefer Schulich’s curriculum. If you look at the sample schedule at the Queen’s interview website, the lectures are on GI/Endo but the anatomy lab is on Knee/Leg, that seems a bit disjointed to me but then again I know nothing lol. At Schulich, the curriculum seems more unified.

- In terms of people, both are awesome. I had so much fun both weekends, though Schulich went a step further and paired us with a mentor so I did feel closer/more welcomed.

- Both campuses are super pretty, though the new medical building and the lake give Queen’s the upper hand.

- City doesn’t matter much to me, I’ll have to move to a new city either way.

- Money is a huge factor, Schulich Scholarship would be auto-win for Schulich because I’m poor af, though I’m not sure when we find out about that. Also not sure how generous the Queen’s bursaries are.

Uhh let’s see..

- Schulich has a dedicated research program for students but Queen’s has some dope cancer research going on so idk

- None of my friends are going to either school so I’ll have to make new friendships either way

So yeah, I’m not sure what other factors to consider, but if there are none then Schulich probably wins. 

What about you?

Archived