Premed 101 Forums

Post-Interview Talks

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah the MMI I wish I had some stronger arguments for but it seems to be a common feeling amongst my group and what I am seeing here. Panel felt pretty good. But sadly how we feel means nothing, we will see come May xD. Wish us all the best of luck.

I had fun at both the panel and the MMI!

I came in really nervous because this was my first real MMI and I wasn't able to practice much for the past 1-2 weeks. For some stupid reason I took 3 scoops of pre-workout and I was pretty much SUPER HYPED for the entire day lmao - If anyone was in my MMI group, I was the dude high fiving everyone LOOOL :lol:  I actually ended up going on a walk by the lake and I think that helped to clear my head and get focused before I went over to the interview, making me less nervous.  

The clinical skills workshops were hella fun as well. I think overall it was a very enjoyable experience and I had a lot of fun  :) I feel confident but like we already know - that doesn't really matter lol

i was a nervous wreck for a good portion of it - does anyone know how queens generally takes this?  any current med students/premeds been through this and got in/rejected/waitlisted?

I interviewed on the 25th and I was nervous for the first couple stations too. Overall, the MMI portion was unexpected for me and threw me off a bit. The panel was very friendly.

I had fun at both the panel and the MMI!

I came in really nervous because this was my first real MMI and I wasn't able to practice much for the past 1-2 weeks. For some stupid reason I took 3 scoops of pre-workout and I was pretty much SUPER HYPED for the entire day lmao - If anyone was in my MMI group, I was the dude high fiving everyone LOOOL :lol:  I actually ended up going on a walk by the lake and I think that helped to clear my head and get focused before I went over to the interview, making me less nervous.  

The clinical skills workshops were hella fun as well. I think overall it was a very enjoyable experience and I had a lot of fun  :) I feel confident but like we already know - that doesn't really matter lol

Were you expecting to have to deadlift as a part of the interview????  :huh:

I feel like the format didn't give enough time to fully carry out the scenario, I was often cut-off from making my last point. The panel interview was a lot of fun though, I was apprehensive of getting a stone faced interviewer, but it ended up being a pretty great conversation (but the next month and a half is probably still going to make me question everything I said, and especially what I didn't say...)

Were you expecting to have to deadlift as a part of the interview????  :huh:

I'm such a drug addict lmao. My caffeine tolerance has become so high that I need 1-2 scoops to be at "normal" level. I plan on going cold turkey this summer lol

A deadlift station would be hilarious aha! Could you imagine reading the prompt?

A recent study published in The New England Journal of Medicine found that medical students worldwide are increasingly skipping leg day. The future of the medical profession rests upon the amelioration of this pandemic. Upon entering the room, please perform deadlifts until failure.

Do not interact with the evaluators, as they will be criticizing your form. A second year medical student will be available should you require a spot, simply yell out: “spot, spot, spot!”.

Note: regardless of whether you require a spot, it’s all you bro.

Definitely thought I could have done better on MMI, I feel like there were many things I could have said and my arguments could have been more succinct. Also, I likely missed the point in 1 station lol.

I also feel that I missed the point at one of the stations but hoping that I made up for some of the damage near the last few minutes. I thought I had understood the prompt going in but when I was actually in there for the prompt, it felt like I was on a wrong direction. I'm worried that this might've really affected the overall rating of my MMI.  

Has anyone experienced something similar but had a positive outcome regardless? 

I also feel that I missed the point at one of the stations but hoping that I made up for some of the damage near the last few minutes. I thought I had understood the prompt going in but when I was actually in there for the prompt, it felt like I was on a wrong direction. I'm worried that this might've really affected the overall rating of my MMI.  

Has anyone experienced something similar but had a positive outcome regardless? 

The general rule seems to be that 1 bad station won't break your MMI, but who knows

I'll think sharing this might ease some concerns.

At the video screening, one of the first year med students said 'if you don't feel good about your interview, don't worry - 60% of our class felt like that'. And after talking to one of the first year med students who was running the Clinical Skills workshop, she said that after her interview, she cried all the way home in the car because she felt so terrible about it.

Don't worry if you feel bad about your interview - apparently it's normal and not indicative of how you actually did. Just cruise the accepted/waitlisted thread and you'll see there is very little rhyme or reason to it --- or, at least that's what I keep trying to tell myself. :lol:

At the video screening, one of the first year med students said 'if you don't feel good about your interview, don't worry - 60% of our class felt like that'. And after talking to one of the first year med students who was running the Clinical Skills workshop, she said that after her interview, she cried all the way home in the car because she felt so terrible about it.

Don't worry if you feel bad about your interview - apparently it's normal and not indicative of how you actually did. Just cruise the accepted/waitlisted thread and you'll see there is very little rhyme or reason to it --- or, at least that's what I keep trying to tell myself. :lol:

thank you very much for sharing, makes me take a breath of relief. did she say why she thought it was so bad? 

Thank you so much for posting this.. as someone who has been perseverating over every possible thing I missed during my interviews, reading this was comforting. You're good people, internet stranger <3 

Archived