Premed 101 Forums

How Does U Of A Score Applicants On The Mmi?

Do interviewers give applicants a score out of 7? What constitutes a good score? an average score? a below average score?  

If someone scores a 5/7 is that considered a good score? Can someone help me understand how U of A grades the MMIs.  I am only familiar with how U of C does it.

Your input will be highly appreciated :) 

You are scored out of 7, then they are averaged and converted to a score out of 30. At least that's how they did it last year. Average for IP-4th year is usually ~22/30, which is about 5.13/7. So you'd need to do a bit better than 5/7 over the 8 stations to be average. 

You are scored out of 7, then they are averaged and converted to a score out of 30. At least that's how they did it last year. Average for IP-4th year is usually ~22/30, which is about 5.13/7. So you'd need to do a bit better than 5/7 over the 8 stations to be average. 

Thank you, Exergy.

You are saying that 5.13/7 is considered an average score, whereas a 6 or 7 out of 7 is considered above average?

Thank you, Exergy.

You are saying that 5.13/7 is considered an average score, whereas a 6 or 7 out of 7 is considered above average?

Yeah that would make sense to me. 

I forgot to mention this is the average for accepted IP-4th year. As TheApiarist said, if you gave an average response, you'd get a 4/7 and that would be below average compared to the accepted people. 

Yeah that would make sense to me. 

I forgot to mention this is the average for accepted IP-4th year. As TheApiarist said, if you gave an average response, you'd get a 4/7 and that would be below average compared to the accepted people. 

So a good score is considered 5+/7.

Archived